cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Beta MMO + PlusNet

David_W
Rising Star

Closed Beta MMO + PlusNet

I've applied to be in a closed beta for a future MMO, if I'm accepted (and I really hope I am) then naturally I'll be under an NDA until the game goes open beta.  This to me though seems to flag up an issue with traffic priority.  Gaming traffic should be the highest level so gamers won't be effected by slower speeds/pings/whatnot, but as the game will be in closed beta, PN will not have the profiles for the game to add it to the system to ensure the traffic isn't mistaken as say P2P, and being under an NDA I wouldn't be able to say "I'm playing X game which needs Y ports, can you add them?".
Is there a way around this though?  Could a person say "I'm playing an undisclosed MMO under NDA, could you look at this wireshark capture and add the correct profile"?  Or do PN need the name of the game to add it to the system, which would break the NDA.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Closed Beta MMO + PlusNet

It depends on what ports etc it uses. If it's a steam game those all tend to work over the same ports and are already classified, so you should be alright. If it's not I'd suggest contacting the game's development team to see if they'd be happy for some information to be released - if you explain the reasons they'll most likely understand.
Hope that helps,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

In addition to Matt's post, we *should* be ok to add it without knowing the name of the game.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
David_W
Rising Star

Sweets, now I just gotta keep my fingers crossed that I get in Cheesy