cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choices Choices

tiddlycat

Choices Choices

Hi there,
This may or may not be the right section so i'll keep this as pleasantly short as i can  Wink

i started on plusnet unlimited, which was ok ish, i did find that it was pretty bad, what i would expect from a raw DSL Max wholesale service in terms of gaming lag, really torrid lag
lukily enuf i was able to change this, the ussual mtu and tcp optimisation was a good help, also i called for fastpath which lowered my ping times
i also changed my package to plusnet pro which has no traffic shaping at all? apparently, this did provide a bit more of a stable connection which coupled with the above changes has given me a v decent connection
but im now paying £40 odd quid pm for my internet alone, i saw an office connection for £25 a month called "option 3" but im wondering if it would be worth taking this on, does it offer the same kind of routing setup as the pro package? if it does where do i sign up  Cheesy
comments?
4 REPLIES 4
Euge
Grafter

Re: Choices Choices

but im now paying £40 odd quid pm for my internet alone

Do you realise that downloads after 12midnight until 8am do not count towards your monthly download limit? The pro package is £19.99, extra 2GB's are £2 which means you're using an extra 20GB on top of your 15GB which could possible be downloaded for free?
scootie
Grafter

to be honest i would of stuck with unlimited and added the max preminum add on to get prioity over BTw's part of the network plus the 832kbps upsync and having fastpath goes with out saying.
i had this setup on the old bbyw3 option and for a 2 months on the unlimited package and i had no problems and am a right moaner when it comes to latency and lost packets
max preminum is £8 a month coupled with unlimited you would be paying £28 tops if your on a market 1 or 2 exchange and less if your on a market 3 exchange
pc'er or consoler?
in my eyes pro on the gaming front is only good for pc gamers. theres no need to worrie about the consoles not being prioitized right on  the PN network as they have one size fits all traffic mangment sig's.
your answer to the bussiness products is no. the expected speeds page tells the story http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml#option1and2
tiddlycat

meh
pc gamer -.- plus i like the pro package shaping/routing
far as the downloads well i do know that its free over midnight but i watch tv/anime on my pc which accounts for most of that and having my pc keep me awake at night while i download isnt as bad as an extra 10-20£ a month
tnx anyway  Sad
Gavri

Go to O2, its cheaper and more stable than plusnet. They also don't traffic at ridiculous times.