cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Champions Online

Isquish
Dabbler

Re: Champions Online

Not great news really.   That's going to mean I'm paying for a weeks online gaming time that I can't use.   I was hoping for a faster response tbh.
'Squish
adie:quote
James
Grafter

Hi guys,
I had a chat with Neil yesterday morning (he heads up the Network Operations team), which seems to have resulted in the pcaps being identified as the traffic being misprioritised.
We make port request changes once a week, which has to go through a full peer review, QA review, change control then roll process.  Hence the reason why it takes a bit of time.
I'm sorry for the delay.
Isquish
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh

We make port request changes once a week, which has to go through a full peer review, QA review, change control then roll process.  Hence the reason why it takes a bit of time.

Hi JamesH
Can we expect the traffic to be prioritised correctly this week? 
'Squish
Isquish
Dabbler

well it's working correctly for me now \o/
or it was this morning... this evening I'm noticing alot of lag on zoning out (zone change) and zoning in.  I know there's been another new patch today but other people in supergroup seem unaffected.
My pc is new so I don't think it's a slow ass pc issue.
I guess I should wireshark it and put a support ticket in to make sure cryptic haven't changed their network coding slighting..
'Squish
optimus
Grafter

So has this now been resolved?  Huh
James
Grafter

Has anyone had a ticket update saying that it was going to be added?
I know Dave was looking at it last week.
optimus
Grafter

In answer to your question James:
Quote from: Bodman
I've had a reply and if all is well the change to the traffic database is scheduled for next week  Smiley

So can you confirm this has been done?
Thanks.
scootie
Grafter

use wireshark to check that the games traffic is now picked up as 0xa0 (titanium) on the incoming packets.
it should be done as they added some sigs this morning http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1253720468.htm
Kriv

Quote from: Jameseh
Has anyone had a ticket update saying that it was going to be added?

Response I got on Monday after chasing...
This game I can now confirm has been authorized and is awaiting to be added to our traffic management systems. We expect this game to be added with in the next few days.