cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Champions Online

optimus
Grafter

Champions Online

Anyone else playing this and experiencing major lag in the evenings (after 6pm)?
I can't see this on the Defined Games list so maybe this is being blocked by traffic shaping somewhat?
38 REPLIES 38
Bodman

Re: Champions Online

Having exactly the same problem here. It's been happening alot over the weekend I've noticed. Last night was the worse I've seen it. In fact I'd logged into the forums this morning to check if Champions was in the game list on this forum.
Could somebody look into this ?

Bodman
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

If this is for the PC, best way to get this done is to do a whireshark capture and add the capture to a ticket.
That will let PN know of the ports and servers been used and get a signature on to the traffic management.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
optimus
Grafter

I would but my pre-order grace period has run out and I'm kinda refusing to active my retail key until i know I can actually play this game when I want.  Angry
Bodman are you able to do as adiewoo suggests? Are there any Plusnet staff playing this game?
Bodman

I've raised a ticket optimus. If I read the Wireshark correctly the priority is Gold but as I'm on the Gaming account I'd expect it to be Titanium. Hopefully I will get a response tomorrow.
*fingers crosed as I'm a Wireshark newbie  Grin *
Oh and I haven't got my CO retail key yet but I was on tonight. It seems the grace period has been extented to the end of the 8th so you should be able to get in without your retail key.

Bodman
optimus
Grafter

Thanks Bodman.  Wink
Please can you let me know how you get on?
I saw the notice on the Champions site and did manage to logo on last night to test for a few minutes (didn't have time to play much). Lag seemed better than it did on Sunday night at least.
I've been following the main thread about this over on the Champions forum: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=49563&page=39 and it has finally had a reponse from Cryptic who say thare are 'looking into it'....  Roll_eyes
James
Grafter

Hi chaps,
Just to let you know, the ticket is with the team that review such requests and should be picked up in the next 24-48 hours.
optimus
Grafter

Thanks James!  Smiley
Will the ticket Bodman's requested deal with the issue on a network scale? I'm on a different product to him (old style Broadband Your Way, but have never had an issue with gaming at peak times before) so will I have to raise my own ticket?
James
Grafter

Yep - It should be marked correctly for all products.
Kriv

Yeah. Tonight has been the extreme worst for me. Rubber banding is just crippling this for me.
optimus
Grafter

Actually managed to get some playing done last night between 8 and 10.30pm. While it wasn't as totally as crippling like at the weekend it still wasn't great and I did suffer from some periods of bad lag and trasferring between instances took forever... I also monitored my game ping while playing and it fluctuated widly between 500 and 1000 most of the time and got worse during combat, going up to a staggering 5000 at one point!! A friend who i was playing with is with SKY and had a steady ping of around 120-200 with no lag....
Any progress?  Huh
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I've just asked one of the managers in the Networks team to get this picked up for you.
I'd expect it to be looked at by the end of the day after which any necessary work will be scheduled.
optimus
Grafter

Sorry to pester but... any update?
I'm anxious to see if this is something Plusnet can solve or if I have to keep hounding Cryptic to sort this out. I haven't activated my retail key so can't even play now....  Sad
James
Grafter

No - I'm afraid not.
Bodman's ticket got passed back yesterday asking for further information.  We need a pcap file from Wireshark showing the traffic.  Unfortunately we only had a jpeg from Bodman.
Kriv

I have captured, can't even get past the launcher today. Where can I send the file too? Alternatively shall I just raise a new ticket?
Meh raised one anyway. Ticket 29965863