Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot stay connected to games - XBOX

Mathias
Grafter

Re: Cannot stay connected to games - XBOX

with regards to the instructions:
Just to check that you are logging on to your router using telnet and not the browser version?
If so when logged on via telnet, simply copy the 5 lines given below (highlight the text and use keyboard shortcut of ctrl+c)
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=69
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3478-3479
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=88
saveall
then switch to the dos window and press ctrl+v to paste. then press enter. can't remember what it should say if successful and am at work atm so cannot test.
With regards to your connection dropping, obviously it shouldn't be doing that and suggests a fault. you should raise this via the plusnet account page and have them investigate further.
Hope that helps, sorry if not, i thought i would try since none of the PN staff are responding.

timlamb

Re: Cannot stay connected to games - XBOX

Thank you for trying to help.
I can cut and paste, I just can't work out how to follow the instructions on the' How to Increase the gaming ...' page.
I type the widows key and R, and get 'telnet192.168.1.254', then the log-in page.
When I log in there is the following:-
-<Administrator>=>- (the last hyphen is flashing).
I cannot use keyboard commands (as suggested) to cut and paste, but can highlight the text and right click to copy and paste it.
When I do so the first line of the text to be cut and pasted (:connection bind .......port=69) immediately follows the -<Administrator>=> described above, on the same line.
The next line has the words 'Failed to create CONN binding'.
Then the next 3 lines of cut and pasted text appear followed by saveall.
If I press enter all I get is the  -<Administrator>=> line appearing again.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks again.