cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot join any games.

resolve666
Dabbler

Cannot join any games.

Okay so I've got my Xbox plugged into my Thomson TG585v7, and at the moment I am having trouble connecting to games. I have previously been able to, obviously I have changed some settings somewhere or something, but I don't know where or what. The thing is that I can still connect to Xbox live, so there is still an internet connection there, it's just when I try and join any games that it doesn't let me.
I have UPnP enabled, and it is using Extended Security... I am also running another connection via ethernet to my PC, could it be an Ip problem? I have both connections set to 'always use the same IP', but my Xbox connection wouldn't let me disable that.
Any help is appreciated.
EDIT Also when I reconnected my Voyager Modem, I could connect to games through a shared connection with my PC. But I want to be able to use XboxLive whilst not having my PC on, so I need to sort out this router problem.
16 REPLIES 16
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Cannot join any games.

I have not got a clue mate,i use the wireless adaptor on my 360,maybe dont use the sane ip addy as it should always give you back the same ip most of the time,mines does,try that and restart your router then give that a go and see whats what?
Also put xbox live into the connection the 360 is using in the router to open the ports better
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
resolve666
Dabbler

How can I modify the IP address of my Xbox?
Also, when adding application sharing via my router, there are two options from the drop down box for Xbox-Live.. how do I know which one is which?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

By not using a static ip in the router,xbox live should be in that drop down box use that,head over too the xbox forums aswell,you may get better help and it could be xbox live itself to blame depending what your trying to join.
resolve666
Dabbler

Okay, so now it allows me to join games that my friends are in and it allows me to be invited to games, but when searching for games myself, it doesn't find any? Maybe it's an Xbox-live problem.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Cool least you can game with your mates now Smiley
resolve666
Dabbler

Yeah but my friends never stay on as late as I like to, and it's a pain not being able to play online otherwise. Pretty annoying to say the least. At first after installing my new router I had lag problems because of my IP profile, and now I can't even join games without friends.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Seems the Thomson can be quite fussy... if it works first time then you'll have no troubles gaming.
If it doesn't it seems to be a bumpy road whatever console you use Sad
There are some instructions for putting your XBOX in the DMZ round here somewhere, that might well help.
Also, when adding application sharing via my router, there are two options from the drop down box for Xbox-Live.. how do I know which one is which?

Do you need to do this? Not being very au fait with the XBOX I wouldn't know but I'd have thought just plugging the ethernet cable in forwarding some ports should be enough?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
resolve666
Dabbler

I had a fiddle with some ports and a couple of settings last night and it seems to have been resolved.. the annoying thing is I spent 3+ hours fiddling with it last night, while my girlfriend sat bored.. (shameful I know, but when I want something done I have to do it), and then as soon as I gave up and decided to stop messing around, the games started to connect. And they're still working today, so it looks like my issue has been resolved, it must have been something to do with Xbox Live.. Thank you for any help anyway everyone.
Happy Holidays to everyone as well.
blaenau2000

I also had massive problems with the Thomson TG585v7, since replacing it, everything is now fine.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

does seem the Thomson struggles with any kind of console gaming..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thats the router i use and i have never had a problem connecting and playing on xbox live with it except from strict nat at the start which i managed to resolve,could not tell you how it is on other consoles though,glad you got it sorted out in the end though.
preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

im having the same problem. can connect to xbox live but cant find a game, can join my freinds but have the laggiest connection ever!
blaenau2000

Plusnet advertise priority gaming ISP then send out a router that everyone seems to have problems with, strange.  Lips_are_sealed
Steve
Seasoned Pro

To be fair i dont think its a plusnet problem,i have that router and it works flawlessly with the 360,well atleast for me it does,the user is who i blame,or xbox live,or a dodgy router,or a modern warfare 2 server problem