cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find how to apply a DMZ on the site (for black ops)

harding10

Can't find how to apply a DMZ on the site (for black ops)

NEED HELP!
On black ops, my NAT type is strict and I have looked around for ways on trying to sort it out. Unfortunately none of them have worked. The only option left is to apply a DMZ to open all the ports? I have done the PS3 side of things on the network settings, but unfortunately I cant find how to apply it on the site.
Someone tell me where it is?
8 REPLIES 8
RTW01
Grafter

Re: Can't find how to apply a DMZ on the site (for black ops)

PS3 not my thing ....Have a look on the COD blackops forum. Dedicated section for PS3 Xbox etc....
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

DMZ will be an option In your router controls, you set the IP of your console as the DMZ IP address
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
superdee84
Dabbler

you can also enable Upnp on the router setting if not already enabled ,you can also look on psn website for support on to which ports to open on your router then go to http://portforward.com and there is a step by step guide to opening ports on your router
gooner77
Grafter

I have the same issue as the OP. I've forwarded the ports and it hasn't worked. On the PS3 network settings I have a Type 2 NAT
I have a TG585 v8 router, can someone tell me how to put the PS3 in the DMZ
Dexter619
Dabbler

I had a problem with this using my xbox and found on my Thomson TG585 v7 and resolved for me by turning UPnP on and extended security off and NAT type went from strict straight to open..
Use UPnP: Yes
Use Extended Security: No
Whether this was the right thing for my connection to do I don't know but it resolved the problem for me Smiley
gooner77
Grafter

This hasn't worked for me. Interestingly I have the XBOX 360 version also and the NAT is showing as open on that.
Can someone please tell how I can put the PS3 into the DMZ, as port forwarding is not working and neither is UPNP
Mathias
Grafter

Hi,
i have done this on th Thomson TG585 v7, not the v8, but i thought i should post something to help point you in the right direction at least as i presume they are similar in approach.
Note, i'm also doing this from memory so may not be perfect. Go to the Game & Application Sharing page (which i think is under home network), where you can choose Upnp and port forwarding. Then look near the bottom for a link for assigning a public ip address - this is the DMZ (not sure why its not called something more obvious).
Click on that, then in the dropdown box you should choose the MAC address of the PS3 (if you haven't named your devises on the devises screen) and click apply.
Else try a google search. Hope this helps, sorry if it didn't
lexusuk
Grafter

@harding10,
To add a device to the DMZ using the Thomson TG585 router you should:

• Login to your router at http://192.168.1.254/ (username: Admin password: <<Router serial number>>)

• Click "Home Network".

• Click "Devices".

• Click "Assign the public IP address of a connection to a device" and run through the on screen instructions.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.