cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't fault Xbox 360 Repair process

Grff
Grafter

Can't fault Xbox 360 Repair process

Well after over two years of use, the xbox finally gave up the ghost.
I downloaded all the Fall Out 3 DLC, and the new Map Pack 3 for COD:WAW.
Playing Fall Out gave me a few pauses, but I just assumed it was the DLC at fault.
I stuck COD in, and when playing one of the new maps got some really odd flashing graphcs and vertical lines. Reloading the game didn't solve it, and a restart of the xbox gave me a lovely black screen and an E74 error.
I did have the update preview installed, so hopefully it wasn't anything to do with that as i've read a few threads about people having video issues after installing it.
It's now on it's way to Germany to get fixed so hopefully won't take long to sort.  Why can't they have a repair centre in the UK.
Its typical, I buy the Map Pack, and was looking forward to a week of double XP too. Sad
14 REPLIES 14
Euge
Grafter

Re: Gutted - Xbox E74 Erorr :(

Why can't they have a repair centre in the UK.

Because that would be convenient  Cheesy
About time you bought a ps3  Cool
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Euge
About time you bought a ps3  Cool

I'm trying very hard to resist the temptation to buy a PS3 as I don't have the time for gaming. Undecided
Posts like this don't make my task any easier Angry Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scootie
Grafter

it will go to prague not germany. Well mine did wen i sent it just after crimbo i had kittens when i tracked it and it went straight past germany  Grin
Mine didnt have rrod it just kept freezing up at certain points in games and on the dashboard at times and i got mine back within a week which i was impressed with.
i negleted to tell them that my xbox started having issues straight after my tv gave up the ghost with abit of a bang. it must off sent a surge down the scart lead
Grff
Grafter

Let me see, get my xbox repaired under warrenty, or spend £300 on a PS3 I have no need for. The only thing extra a PS3 would provide over my xobx is blu-Ray, and since my TV isn't  HD (although it will do 720 over component) it's not HDMI so not much use.  Wink

Asbo, my returns label was Frankfurt, UPs reckon it arrived in Frankfurt yesterday, although the XBox repair status still says "waiting for the xbox".
scootie
Grafter

yeah all of mine said frankfurt thats why i was like some ones nicked the ups lorrie when it left germany  Grin
Grff
Grafter

ah I see.  This is what I got this morning from UPS.
Delivered On: 08/11/2009 3:13 A.M.
Signed By: KARWOTH
Delivered To: FRANKFURT, DE
Type: Package
Service:STANDARD
Weight: 3.70 Kgs
The Microsoft repair site doesn't show that they've got it yet though. If it's to got further to go, you'd think that they'd just deliver it straight to the final destination, so at least the customer can track it. 
Grff
Grafter

well I got an e-mail at 3am this morning to say they've received it at the service centre.
I just checked the service report, and the status is now "Device shipped to customer - Your console has been repaired or replaced. We are shipping it back to you."
Either that's a quick repair, or they just said "sod it, send a replacement".  Grin
All in all, 6 days so far, (or 4 working days).
Grff
Grafter

Re: Can't fault Xbox 360 Repair process

While it shouldn't be needed in the first instance, I can't fault the repair process of my Xbox 360.
I didn't bother speaking to anyone, just logged the fault on their site, got a returns lable e-mailed to me, boxes it up, chucked it in with works ups parcels, and got it back 10 days later working.
Well, I say got it back, got another recon'd model. This one is lots quieter and so far has been fine.  The transition of all the content and warranty etc is done by them to, and all I had to do was 'download' all my DLC again.  I say download, as it just seems to download a new licence file for each content.
So, let the COD/Battlefield wipeout commence.  Wink  Grin
scootie
Grafter

they replaced the motherboard on mine.
i was expecting along wait for my repair as it was sent to them on 29th dec but still got it back in under a week even around the holiday period.
did you get your 1 month of gold subs with your repair?
u mastered those planes in 1943 yet?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: Griff
So, let the COD/Battlefield wipeout commence.  Wink  Grin

I think you'll find WipEout HD is on available on the PS3 Tongue Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

am so  Cry about that adiewoo  Grin
Grff
Grafter

yeah, got my free months subscription. Smiley
I'd say i'm pretty good in the planes in BF. Sometimes have trouble shaking people off my tail, but flying upside down is one of my fun things to do.
It's a shame it's not like 1942 where you could have more than one person in the plane.
scootie
Grafter

yeah its pretty hard to shake them off. one of my tatics if a back flip or two hasnt got them lost i head for base an hope some ones on the aa if not i drop right on to the aa take them out and jump back in a new plane  Grin
had a cheecky dude take me out in a dog fight with his bombs  Roll_eyes
Grff
Grafter

i've had that too.  Fly towards each other, pull up at last second and time a bomb drop right. Smiley