cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call of Duty advice?

Woody3600
Grafter

Call of Duty advice?

Im bored to death of Modern Warfare 2 and it's broken arse multiplayer, is there anyway i can reset my rank on COD4 and start again on there? id much rather do that than continue on MW2. Im 10th prestige on COD4 and racked up like 35 days worth of game time online but id quite happily start all over again and sell MW2 unless IW do something about it.
So yeah, is it at all possible to do that?
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Call of Duty advice?

What system are you playing it on? On the PC it's really easy to do that as you can create multiple usernames easily.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I don't think there is a way. Other than creating a new account.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Woody3600
Grafter

Im on 360 mate. I didn't think there was, i deleted the saved data o my harddrive for COD4 but its obviously recorded online  Embarrassed GAY
Woody3600
Grafter

I might email IW and explain to them that since MW2 is so broken, see if they can reset it from their end, a bit extreme i know but they've made such a mess of the new game it seems pointless to play it just to get annoyed.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Why not start a new account?  I'm with you on mw2 beeing pants though , w@w kicks it's ass , too noob and camper friendly.  Shame your not on the ps3,  me and the guy's i play online with are still in the top 6k in the leaderboards on w@w , having only played a few hrs since november !!. 
Woody3600
Grafter

With it being xbox live, to start a new account and play online would cost me moer money  Cry
The_10th
Grafter

MW2 multiplayer and the pants P2P/signal strength as well as cheats, cheats and errr  more cheats, over-the-top packages make this game poor compared to COD4. Did I mention the cheats?  Angry
How IW came up with this PPoor idea is beyond me?
I play on the PC btw, but it drives me mad sometimes - well most the time tbh.
Would be nice to be able to change username but good old steam...
Hope the next installment gets back to basics and soon! Reckon those that bought MW2 should be entitled to some discount under the trade descriptions act in not being fit for purpose!
paulpicks21
Grafter

Following on with what The 10th said,
I never even bought the game , I was really looking forward to it coming out for what seemed like years , then a few months before it came out (PC) I like millions of others found out it was not going to support dedicated servers.
And for that reason alone I didnt buy it.
I still play cod4 every week , thanks to dedi servers there is always a new map to play on.
But am waiting patiently for the next big cracker of a game to come out.
I see there is a new Medal of Honor coming out towards the end of this year which is modern warfare so that looks promising.