cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Of Duty, Black Ops 3, xbox one, Low Bandwith issue?

alexemmaburns
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Call Of Duty, Black Ops 3, xbox one, Low Bandwith issue?

Hi guys,

I am having an issue on black ops 3 where in game it says I only have 796mbps bandwith, according to Activision I need a minimum of 1500mbps to play the game lag free, has anyone heard of this issue? And does anyone know why my bandwith isso low? The only thing I can think of is for some reason it's running off my upload which is generally around 0.8mb rather than my download which is usually around 7mb to 13mb.  If anyone could tell me what this all means I would be greatful.

9 REPLIES 9
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Call Of Duty, Black Ops 3, xbox one, Low Bandwith issue?

i had some issues pc gaming last night ... im wondering if its anything to do with this https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Planned-Maintenance-Planned-BT-Network-Maintenance-Week...

alexemmaburns
Rising Star

Hi st3 no don't think that's it, mine has always had the 796 bandwith I always thought the bandwith for gaming would be on download but I have a sneaky suspicion it goes on my upload for gaming

alexemmaburns
Rising Star

I have found out that in call of duty it now says in network settings "bandwith is a very simple test of download speeds" so this I find odd, just now I have 11mb download speed which amounts to 11.000 kbps, so why is Call Of Duty saying I only have 780kbps Sad 

legume
Rising Star

It's probably just a rubbish test.

I have 65 mbit down and it says 4126 kbit for me.

alexemmaburns
Rising Star

Yeah you're probably right, when I spoke to Activision they said that could be causing the lag I get in game which is why I wondered about the bandwith, they said you need a minimum of 1500kbps I still think my upload is what causes the lag being only 0.81 most nights, but who knows.  Thanks for the reply  @legume

Mick1173
Grafter

Why are the in game Pings you see in this game different to what you see when you run a Speedtest on the PC ? My in game Pings are over 100MS but if i run a Speed Test on my PC my Pings are 20 MS.

alexemmaburns
Rising Star

Hi @Mick1173 I think like @legume said the tests are rubbish.  But I do wonder if the in game ping tests are how well you are connecting to their servers?

legume
Rising Star

I had a look last night and in game ping for me as shown by pressing the little button with three lines while playing was 33-34ms. This was as is usual for me playing on a microsoft server in Dublin. It's going to be potentially different different every session of course if you get different servers or another player is hosting. IIRC in the black ops 3 options I turned on network monitoring(or something)  - maybe you need to do this to see what I see.

Testing with the xbox network test outside games latency is usually > 100 as it seems to check against some distant server - which is not really any use...

As for lag issues - a few days ago some of the Dublin server were giving issues but that seems to be gone now.

Looking at bandwidth use I see that I send 60pps to the server and it returns 20pps. The largest I saw sending was 128 bytes data. On adsl this would end up as 212 bytes after including overheads so x8 x60 this is a bit under 102kbit - so not that much really. Voice will add a bit, but shouldn't be much more, so I don't think upstream bandwidth should be a lag causing issue unless there is other upstream traffic on the line.

I briefly used the Technicolor router and it did have a lag issue that started after some time. I had to dis/re connect to clear it for a while then repeat - I would not use one for gaming now.

NoZephy
Rising Star

I think it just caps out around 4126Kbps.

Every time I've launched the game it's always shown anything between 4000-4500Kbps. Hasn't dropped below that and hasn't gone higher.

That said, the game still lags like all hell though if it wants to because it loves picking people with super slow connections as hosts so I wouldn't even bother taking that "speed test" seriously.