cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COD MW2 - on PC

StuartUK35
Grafter

COD MW2 - on PC

Anyone on this forum play this game on there PC ?
would be interested to know if you suffer any ballache issues with lag and so on whilst trying to play this game, ANY time of the day.....
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: COD MW2 - on PC

Par for the course with p2p gaming I'm afraid. It's definitely in our list of games for the ellacoya platform, but afaik you're reliant on the host's connection being a good one in order to get a good game as there's no dedicated server support (part of the reason I play black ops instead... and am hoping that they keep the ranking system on dedicated servers for MW3  Undecided )
StuartUK35
Grafter

dont worry, i know how the game works when it comes to the networking side Smiley Smiley Smiley 
Should have worded it differently:
Does anyone play Modern Warfare 2 on the PC, and has Fibre or DSL2 , and find that when they launch the game, it takes over 3 mins to find a 'host', but on average, your always connecting to hosts in european countries or further afield ?
Since joining PN, i have never connected to a UK host in this game, and when i become the host, i am joined by all foreigners.... and vice versa....
Its almost like this game routes me out of the UK Huh
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Tongue forget COD and MW3  ;D,,,,,,,,,,  BF3 is where its at
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .