Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COD MOD WAR 2 Pricing debate

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

COD MOD WAR 2 Pricing debate

I hear today that Activision are thinking of releasing MW2 at the higher price of £55.00  Shocked the game is suggested to totally outsell MW1 which sold about 7 million copies.
The problem here being if this much hyped game still sells at that price then this would be the bench mark for all game developers releasing thier "blockbuster" titles & from then on in I fear that this price would become the norm  Undecided
Me I am biased as I had some trouble with WAW which lost all my saves after the update, I had completed the game on veteran and anybody who has done this will know you deserve a real trophy, preferably solid gold and the size of the town hall clock.
Not an enjoyable experiance  Angry Activision have yet to address this just expecting people to start all over again.
Anyway I was already thinking of not getting mw2 on principle but what do you think, would a £55 price tag deter you from getting this title?
10 REPLIES 10
Euge
Grafter

Re: COD MOD WAR 2 Pricing debate

The majority of games have an r.r.p. of £49.99 but no one ever pays that. I assume it's the shops that are going to lose out in the end because I've paid £36 to pre-order my copy and there are serveral other places that sell it for £45 and below.
In short Activision can set the RRP wherever the hell they like, I will never pay more than £40 for a game no matter how big.
Danglese
Grafter

I was wondering about this myself. I was thinking back to when cd's first bcame out and the average price was I think about £16 which was scandalous, but they just kept on charging the huge markup. Then years later, what with mp3's and file copying, customers dont buy many cd's, result lower price and lower sales. As far as I know today's console games can't be copied, and again because of that simple fact,  Activision can get away with getting customers, to pay a premium for a sure fire winner. There won't be a major outcry, or anything else, people will simply buy the game, which wil be record breakingly succesful. Then a couple of months after, the same people will pay extra for new maps and content. People with pc's will not be paying for this extra content because Activision know that they can't get away with it. My appeal to Activision and others is this: IF you want to rip your customers off, then go ahead and do it, but please dont complain, not one squeek, when and if the console systems are cracked, and pirates offer said games cheaper. Your greed will be your downfall.
thehooligang

I remember when I was a young slip of a boy we used to have to pay this price for cartridges for the megadrive and snes, ok the content has got more but the actual cost of producing the disc's must be down to next to nothing now. This is just a ploy to try and get as much money as possible from a dead cert hit, the GF has pre-ordered from extravision so i know im gonna be paying the price but your best bet would be to pre-order on PLAY.COM as they have the price set as 44.99 for the standard copy.
scootie
Grafter

am holding out to the last minute. wait for tescos and the likes to grab a pieace of the pie and the price will plumet. think it was asda that went crazy and sold cod waw for £20 ish on its relese.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

yeah Asda were selling it for 27, tesco 39.99 and they wouldn't price match Sad
would like MW2 but not sure if I'll get it for a while as my gaming time has been severely limited of late..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
liam8888
Grafter

Quote from: adiewoo
yeah Asda were selling it for 27

If they do that again some1 post on here. I normally try to hold out as long as possible until the price drops at least £10 but WAW didn't really drop that much did it.  Angry
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

The queue was huge, people were queuing from 11pm for the midnight release.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
liam8888
Grafter

Sack that you might as well work a few extra hours n save the hastle lol
jim:quote
Arn78

Tesco Direct currently have it for £36ish on pre order (for the Xbox, not sure about PS3).
Go through Quidco to get 1% back, only another pound but  "every little helps"  Wink
_lecro_
Grafter

£26.99 from cd wow