cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COD 5 (yes i know its world at war =])

Tyreal74
Grafter

COD 5 (yes i know its world at war =])

So ive had this a few months now, what are other peoples thoughts?
overall bit naff, i prefer cod4, but all my mates have this - still i love the stats it produces =]
id link them but dont want to be rediculed =]
19 REPLIES 19
scootie
Grafter

Re: COD 5 (yes i know its world at war =])

same as bad company with the website stats. to be honest both games have there pros and cons. i like cod5 that bit more due to some larger maps and the added tatics of having tanks to deal with to.
it might just be thoe that i am better at cod5 aka waw than cod4.  still the moded control clan need sorting the thing i cant stand is they can start firing again mid reload.
ITFCdan
Grafter

i think as a single player cod 4 is alot better, as a multiplayer i love both cod 4 & 5. I seem to be better at cod 5 for some reason.
Tyreal74
Grafter

im doing betetr at cod5, thani did on cod4, its the mechanics of the game i think
scootie
Grafter

in my case it maybe to do with the local lobby search feature i dont get anoyed as i dont hardly hear any yanks with a personalty of a rat in cod 5.
in fact i use to get that anoyed with the yanks and there trash talk on cod 4 i would often just put another uk friendly game in the xbox. instead of trying to mute all the little buggers.
oplesrope
Grafter

yes! one of the reasons i stopped played COD4 actually.  i much prefer having more control over which server i'm connecting to.
scootie
Grafter

map pack coming out soon. 3 maps and more zombie
Tyreal74
Grafter

not sure ill be buying the maps, burnout content is available =]
Grff
Grafter

I'm in a mixed bag with COD5. 
I tend to play hardcore more now, as it's reduced health and if I hit someone it will kill them, leaving lag/latency less of an issue.    I like the way they have a hardcore FFA too, even if it does lend itself a to campers a little bit more than the other game types.
I think a lot of people don't like it because there aren't the enormous array of automatic weapons like there is in COD4.  A lot of people like to run and gun, or spray and prey, and that's quite hard with a semi, or single shot, rifle.    Me, I personally use all the weapons to complete each challenge to get the 1000 points.
I love the second chance perk, particularly if my whole team have it on.  It robs the enemy of loads of points if we keep reviving each other. Smiley
I'm getting a little bored of the maps though, and nearly all of them have one place that everyone always seems to go to, and so makes the gameplay a little naff sometimes.
I've got my search prefs set to locale only, and still hear americans in the room sometimes. The odd thing is, I hear them more than europeans, which I'd have thought it would be better the other way round.
One thing I don't understand is, if I play hardcore games, it often gives the host connection to me, even with a 3mb download speed.  It must like my upload speed I guess. Smiley
The webstats are great, and just in case any hadn't noticed, in the 'dossier' link on their site, there's an 'expand' link on the right for even more stats.
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: Griff
One thing I don't understand is, if I play hardcore games, it often gives the host connection to me, even with a 3mb download speed.  It must like my upload speed I guess. Smiley

dosent cod's work best host on pings and not download bandwidth upload bandwidth avalable.
iam host nearly 100% of the time iam on a 2500kbps line but with with 88KB/s up but saying that i was still host same amount of time on normal upload speed.
i know what you mean about the maps not being used to the max. i find outskirts is the worst for this every one seems to be drawn towards the church. i tend to hang around the edges of this map with silnced wepons and camo on. some matchs on this map people only see me on the kill cam  Grin
Tyreal74
Grafter

i prefer stopping power, but in saying that im a STG and Gehwer wh0re =]
spraying and praying takes no skill whatsover, at least i am capable of aiming and dont sit with the mp40 hip firing...
scootie
Grafter

stg dats what i use on outskirts. but with silincer and camo perk on the bandoler(extra ammo) perk is needed as you dont have no stoping power so have to give them a gd clips worth from any gd distance.
Tyreal74
Grafter

stg > mp40 any day, i can actually snipe with the stg =]
http://www.callofduty.com/profile/2562856/stats/2533274805584915#/s=battlecareer
Stat link, what can i say i dont ahve the carbine yet  Cheesy
Grff
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO

i know what you mean about the maps not being used to the max. i find outskirts is the worst for this every one seems to be drawn towards the church. i tend to hang around the edges of this map with silnced wepons and camo on. some matchs on this map people only see me on the kill cam  Grin

Just play hardcore, then they'd never see you.  Smiley  Just make sure you don't hit your own guys.  If you start at the bottom end of that Outskirts, I tend to jump in the tank and head of the right and sit at the end of the bride, moving up and down the road.  Plenty of vantage points, and can fire the gun up to the top of the church for those that like to camp up there all the time.
Quote from: ASBO
dosent cod's work best host on pings and not download bandwidth upload bandwidth avalable.
iam host nearly 100% of the time iam on a 2500kbps line but with with 88KB/s up but saying that i was still host same amount of time on normal upload speed.

Not sure on the exact mechanism used.  I never get it in TDM, just seems to be in the hardcore matches. 
Grff
Grafter

Mine seems to be the MP40, which im surprised at seeing as I work through the weapons.
http://www.callofduty.com/profile/2339043/stats#/s=battlecareer