Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broardband Pro

scootie
Grafter

Re: Broardband Pro

they use both.
just raise a ticket or phone to get interleaving turned off and put on fast path takes about 24hours to have turned off or back on most cases BT pull the finger out on these requests the following moring.
looking at the off peak down speed you where getin on NOTso supanet that your line is of gd qaulity and should be o.k on fast path. well iam on fast path on my damp length of string and all is o.k.
as for the slow down on supanet at peak times. you will see some rate limiting on diffrent type's of traffic on plus net but thats done as to keep your gaming, interactive stuff running tip top. heres where to see what rate limits apply to your product at what times http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml.
if in the extreme case you see thoughput ect problems gd place place to check first is the service status page or just subsribe to the rss feed.
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&?helpheader=servicestatus. the amount of amber lights there at mo do look abit bad but there was a problem with 1 or 2 gateways having problems the other week.
but least we are well informed of the state of things here.
so welcome to plusnet and happy gaming
ITFCdan
Grafter

Cheers ASBO
Grff
Grafter

pinging high teens to high twenties depending on game and server

What I wouldn't give to have that.  Grin
Try it with around 70-80ms (at least that's what I get to a server in Maidstone, no idea on XBL as it doesn't tell you).  Then it gets interesting, and many a time controllers have almost left my hand at a rate of knots in frustration.  Grin  Grin
ITFCdan
Grafter

Are you on the pro tariff griff?
Grff
Grafter

I tried it, but for my connection, and probably the time of day (or night rather) I play, there was no noticeable difference.    No doubt nothing to do with plusnet, just the old line in the old colliery house i'm in, together with being around 2km from the exchange.
JamesH has been very helpful in letting me test the Pro package for a while, and with interleaving off, but I think i'm going to be on the best I can get with my line so far. (As soon as my line goes back up from the 3mb profile it seems i'm now on since we tried interleaving off  Wink  lol )
scootie
Grafter

@ITFCdan. is your PN connection up and running yet?. Has you cod4/5 kill/death ratio improved now you can see the other players.
ITFCdan
Grafter

ASBO
I signed up last monday , so should be up and running this week i hope. Last night (sunday) was unbelievably bad ,ping times well over 200ms (speedtest to maidenhead server with supanet) with the dreaded red bar signal strength, its totally unplayable but during the day i get full 4 green bars ?
I'm limited to FIFA 09 in the evenings.
Roll on my migration.
Grff
Grafter

What game types are you playing when you have a poor connection?  I find if I play TDM it's usually worse than when playing one of the other game types, such as FFA, or HQ. 
ITFCdan
Grafter

I only really play S&D and FFA , when its lagging they're both unplayable.
I so need to get this sorted in the evenings as this is my only real gaming session( kids in bed, missus at work)  Wink
scootie
Grafter

on my fastpath 2500kbps ip profile line iam gettin 26ms to maidenhead. and doing a icmp ping from comand prompt to bbc.co.uk iam gettin 17-23ms.
ITFCdan
Grafter

Is that "fastpath" as opposed to interleaved?
My IP throughrate is 6000kbps, fingers crossed its down to supanet not my line , i live in a town just over a mile from exchange.
Only time will tell i guess
just got slaughtered on cod , nightmare Sad
Nailz

Mate,
I made the biggest mistake ever going with Supanet and after a huge letter (5 pages with latency graphs which showed that their traffic shaping systems threw pings to 200ms + every night....)
I managed to get out of a 12 month contract with them after less than 1.5 months with no charges after Ofcom took an interest to my letter. Going with them has to be one of my biggest regrets to date.
It's definatly Supanet causing your issues, nothing to do with your equipment or exchange.
ITFCdan
Grafter

Cheers for that Nialz , i so hope it is pupanet !
who u with now and has it improved?
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: ITFCdan
Is that "fastpath" as opposed to interleaved?

yep most people say interleaved on or off but should be called fast path.
Quote from: ITFCdan
Cheers for that Nialz , i so hope it is pupanet !
who u with now and has it improved?

i belive Nailz is doing his homework before jumping in bed with another isp. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73530.0.html
ITFCdan
Grafter

ASBO my migration date is the 10th next tuesday, is it a good idea do you think for me to ask plusnet now to make my line fast path rather than interleaved ? Undecided