cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband My Way PS3 Problem

crashdamaged

Broadband My Way PS3 Problem

Hi all,
        I am having a problem with my PS3 online, well more importantly I am not being allocated my 'Titanium' level connection during any hours let alone peak.
Looking at my usage no traffic is being classed as gaming traffic. The Plus.net site did indicate PS3 support but it seems odd that no games are being displayed as games traffic.
Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this? Plus net support were not very forthcoming and told me to ask here.
If PS3 is not supported then I will have to opt out of this package.
TIA 
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Broadband My Way PS3 Problem

Hi there,
You appear to be on the correct service offer (prioritisation profile) for your product, so your PS3 usage should be going into Titanium.  I've asked someone in Networks to have a look into this one for you.
Is your gaming rather laggy at the moment?  It shouldn't be really, as even though your gaming traffic may not be getting marked as Titanium, it should still be Gold and giving a good speed.
crashdamaged

Not much lagging no however I opted for 10GB less to go titanium so if I am only getting gold then I am missing out on 1GB a month.

James
Grafter

I had a chat with someone in Networks and he had one of the games himself, which was definitely in Titanium.
I suspect that for some reason, VMBU is reporting incorrectly, rather than the traffic not being applied as Titanium.
pdavidson
Grafter

Quote from: crashdamaged
Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this? Plus net support were not very forthcoming and told me to ask here.

This really shouldn't happen and I'll look into it on Monday. If you've called Support or raised a ticket they should only direct you to the community site in conjunction with official support channels.
While you might well get an answer here before having to contact support it's not an official channel so you might have to wait longer for an answer in some cases.
sophos9
Grafter

Was this resolved?