cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borderlands 2 Download/Installation problems

Hectare

Borderlands 2 Download/Installation problems

My son has brand  new hard earned,  HP Envy laptop, with i7 processor, 8 gb memory, and one of his first actions was to try to download Borderlands 2 from Steam...the download commenced at 4.40 pm yesterday, and by 8.10p,m only 32% had completed....
I am no techie but this is clearly not normal. Our broadband connection speed last evening was  AOK, with no obvious problems,  so can anyone advise what we can do? I am not confident the game is ever going to complete downloading,  and contacting Steam is a mystic exercise...
Have we been unlucky or is this a known problem with Borderlands 2?
Many thanks for reading
Tony and Ruan
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Borderlands 2 Download/Installation problems

Did he play any other Steam games while the download was happening? If so that'll be why it's so slow, Steam pauses downloads while you're playing other games.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

The game is about 12 gig in size before patches, so unless you have fibre it will take a while. e.g. for my 3.5mbit connection that would mean roughly 7 hours worth and that is with nothing else stealing the bandwidth, so I do those large ones after midnight when asleep.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Hectare

To Gus Wow..we didn't realise that....we just have ADSL connection, not fibre so it sounds like it will be a long job...many thanks for the info.
I imagine we can resule or restart an installation?
To Chris, NO,  he had no other games or applications running.....thanks for your reply
(As you can see I am no Techie, not even sure how to use the 'reply' facility properly)
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Yes you can resume the download at a later time with steam, just click pause in the download window of steam or just close steam and it does that automatically.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Hectare

Thanks again ...that sorts out my evening I reckon!
Tony