Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blizzard hacked pw change time

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Blizzard hacked pw change time

check the site for info, seems to be US accounts that got hit but better safe than a wow player
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
7 REPLIES 7
Samantha

Re: Blizzard hacked pw change time

I know of a few WOW players that will be worrying about this, Blizzard has such a large amount of paying players I hope they soon have it resolved.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Couldn't agree more Gus, I've changed all my security information.
It appears to have affected North America only but you can never be too careful Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Is this a new trend - for Plusnet staff to include a (very flattering) photo as their avatar - what did Jojo start  Cool
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm flattered Oldjim  Grin
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I had my account hacked a couple of years ago. Changed passwordstwice, created a new email address solely for WoW and....got the mobile authenticator.  Smiley
No problems since, and not heard of anyone who has been hacked while using an authenticator.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@rogadodge The key is as good as the database it works off,  that is what the hackers had access to.  Enough Account details to force any account to be hijacked.  That has happened to a number of MMO games and MMO hosts in the last 2 years [ Codemasters aka cockup masters, Turbine, Rift].
So a change of password and security answer/s is required, plus if you had any other sites using the same login then they also have to be changed.  But you shouldn't use the same password on multiple sites, as it is asking for problems
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@ Gus. As I understand it, the mobile authenticator changes passcode every 30 seconds. So to access the account, hackers would need account name, password and authenticator.  If they can access without physically having access to authenticator, it makes a mockery of the total security system. Cry