cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black ops 2 PS3 - plusnet - BTW - traffic shape???

willfal6527
Dabbler

Black ops 2 PS3 - plusnet - BTW - traffic shape???

I'll start this topic with yes i realize allot off people are complaining about this game !! however my problems only start at around 4pm.
No, its not because there are less players during the day.. there was more online during the day on the release than there is now in the evenings, i had no issues on release day until late afternoon and every afternoon around the same time...
So plusnet, what do you or BT Wholesale do around this time off day that makes Call off duty play terrible.?
heres my problem... It seems my position on whichever game map i'm playing on is transmitted to the host off the game lobbie accurately.. I can see this, as when i die the killcam shows where i died.. Now this is the same at all times off the day...
Now come 4pm(ish) i no longer receive upto date information from the lobbie host on where enemy players are, what i do recieve is around 900 - 1200ms out. Yet my position on the map is still correct within the kill cam and i appear to have a full 4 bar connection that does not jitter.
how can we resolve this issue..
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Black ops 2 PS3 - plusnet - BTW - traffic shape???

For the last few days, from around 4pm onwards we've been seeing numerous disconnections on your line.

Now this may well be you trying to fix the issue by disconnect/reconnecting but if not then it's a sign that something is amiss.
When you're having issues in Black Ops 2, do you notice other Internet applications performing poorly? Although from your description it sounds like you're actually getting a good quality connection to the host hence the full 4 bar connections.
There are quite a large amount of complaints about the lag problems specific to PS3 out there, a quick google search for 'black ops 2 PS3 lag' brings up pages and pages of results, including several on the Call of Duty forums. From reading into the issue it seems that the lag compensation applied is too aggressive and can actually penalise those with a good connection.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
willfal6527
Dabbler

Yes those disconnects are related to me trying to get my D-link DSL modem to work with my PS3 without success..
I'm sorry but the self proclaimed experts out there with god knows how many threads on every forum they can think off dont have a clue what lag compensation is or does... Its not that that's giving me the problem..
As i said already during the day everything is smooth and the game plays as well as i would expect it to, come 4pm or thereabouts and it seems obvious to me that something is hindering the games INBOUND traffic.
I have friends that encounter the same issue locally... the common denominator is BT Wholesale as there is no LLU options from my exchange... What are they doing.? that is what you need to find out.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I think Chris plays the same game himself on the PC without any of those issue,  hence why he's thinking it's likely a bug?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
willfal6527
Dabbler

Black ops 2 has bugs, i'm not going to argue there.. but it is by no means 100% at fault.
There is, without a doubt in my mind an issue with either plusnet / BT Wholesale or a combo off both doing something around 4pm.
If i had a capture card / device i would gladly show games from the pre said time and games just after.. The difference really is as drastic as Night and Day.
BTW, its not a REIN fault... i have tested that already just to be safe.
You must have 1000's customers out there that all have the same problem along with other UK ISP's, but since the gaming community is full off idiotic youtubers giving their rendition off lag compensation algorithms the real problem is going unchecked..
adie:quote
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I play with a clan on ps3 bo2 with members spread across europe and it's really poor at the moment for everyone in the evenings where as bo is fine.
Have you checked the VP status at your exchange to check for capacity issues, it's certainly not PN throttling you.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I have been playing BO2 on my PS3 on  an ADSL2+ line and can't say I have noticed problems in the evenings.
My exchange is currently reported as amber.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

[me=dvorak]cripples strat's connection.[/me]
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Don't worry, I'm no great threat Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine