Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Ops in the Round

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Black Ops in the Round

The other day I finally connected my rear speakers in a 5.1 setup.
I then played Black Ops on my PS3 with Surround Sound  Shocked and it's amazing Cool I love it.
It adds a whole new dimension to the game...quite literally.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
12 REPLIES 12
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Black Ops in the Round

Might be worth getting some 5.1 phones... not really helping me on black ops yet because I don't know the levels well, but there's a reason I'm usually top on special infected kills on L4D2 Cheesy The directional sound is a massive help.
I have some sharkoon x-tatic 5.1 and I know Chris has some Tritton 5.1 phones that are exactly the same but in different cases, and the great thing about them is you can plug speakers into the breakout box and use both speakers and phones together if you wish. With practice you'll be shooting people through walls without them even knowing you were there (hint: ghost and ninja Wink ) - just watch for tk's.
Strat
Community Veteran

My son has some Turtle Beach X41 headphones he asked me to get him for his 360 last year year and he says they are brilliant.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RTW01
Grafter

You cant put a price on sound for FPS games especially if you play hardcore game types...is amazing what you can hear to help you get the drop on people. If you can get the Ninja Pro perk on black ops it magnifies it more and reduces your own movement sounds to almost zero.
superdee84
Dabbler

everyone told me to get turtle beaches for sound enhancement .i have found something better madcatz AMPX's same sound quility with surround sound within headset excellent for blackops. you can hear footsteps miles away lol
i bought them from asda at the small price of 15 quid
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

General question
I presently have Creative 5.1 speakers (6.1 actually but Windows 7 doesn't support it)
Would changing to 5.1 headphones be about the same, better or worse
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well you'd get the same surround, but with headphones the directional qualities are much more precise and aren't interfered with by any sort of ambient echoes or other sounds going on in your room. I guess it depends if it's worth it for you though.
scootie
Grafter

i find just my stereo turtle peach's improve my gaming, for one you can hear foot steps that you just seem to miss when using TV sound, but the biggest improvment is blanking out the nagging from the misses  Roll_eyes
best improvement for my fav game is in battlefield 1943, when the suckers are trying to AA gun me out the sky i can tell which end of the map to avoid or attack
Grff
Grafter

I love my Turtle Beach headset.  It's only the stereo X1, but the difference between that and the TV is amazing.  I love hearing people running up behind me to stab me, then spinning around and loading a clip into them.  The headset has saved me so many times when people are heading towards me round a corner.
It's a shame that Treyarch nurfed the sound in black ops. Trying to hear footsteps was a nightmare, and your own footsteps used to sounds like they came from someone else.
Treyarch say they reduced the sound levels to "stop sound whoring".  Originally Ninja was a pointless perk as you couldn't hear the enemy footsteps anyway.  It's not as bad now they've tweaked it a little, but it's no where near as good as MW2 was.  Why reduce the sound because people have headsets and have an advantage maybe?  They didn't reduce the graphics in case people had good quality large HD tv's.
I still laugh at the sound of the footsteps when running in black ops.  Everynow and again it sounds like the character is skipping along instead of sprinting.  Grin
Strat
Community Veteran

Quote from: Griff
They didn't reduce the graphics in case people had good quality large HD tv's.

I get the distinct impression sometimes that some people are playing at their local cinema on the BIG screen Shocked

My son says his Turtle Beach X41 headphones make the world of difference but sadly they are nearing the end of their life (the mike has failed and would cost a packet to replace) and he's looking around to replace them.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

One day deal only for anyone Interested, Works on PS3 aswell....Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 Headset £24.98...
http://www.game.co.uk/Accessories/PC-Games-and-Downloads-Xbox-360/Headsets/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-X1...
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Grff
Grafter

now up to £30.
However, £25 at Amazon.
I think the x4's the poster has are 5.1 though, the x1's are only stereo.
superdee84
Dabbler

ampx,s 15 pound from asda xbox/ps3