cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield4

Warrinja
Dabbler

Battlefield4

Hey, I've been using PlusNet Broadband for quite a while now and perfectly happily, I do a lot of gaming on my PC and have the Unlimited package, I've logged considerable hours in various online/multiplayer games with only a few minor connection hitches, but recently I've been playing Battlefield4 and using TeamSpeak to chat to my buddy whilst we play, sometimes it works perfectly fine, a ping of around 30-40 on the server we always play on.
Other times its barely playable at all, immense 'rubberbanding', big lag spikes and disconnects, when it disconnects, both my Game and TeamSpeak disconnect, but more often than not everything else is still working, Steam stays connected, web pages open and load as they should...I've checked all the ports it recommends are open and have done various bits of research around the interweb for possible solutions.
It's getting fairly rage inducing now as it only seems to happen in this one game.
Just wondered if anyone could shed some light/give me any assistance, Thanks
Jack.
2 REPLIES 2
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Battlefield4

BF4 is real buggy at the moment  Crazy but i can play 95% of time brilliant .
first of all is your PC up to spec for the game ? what connection are you on ? what is your speed test , have you tried http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
and turn off UPNP off in the router helps Smiley
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Battlefield4

Do any of the disconnections you are seeing correlate with the drops on here?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager