cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield Bad Company - PS3

Blues

Battlefield Bad Company - PS3

Just wondering if this game is being prioritised correctly on the plusnet network? I have the broadband yourway pro package and I've been experiencing some pretty bad lag today when playing. I know usually games can be pretty laggy when first released due to server overload etc but I just thought I'd check everything was alright on this end first  Smiley
Anyway according to the instruction book the ports used are;
TCP Ports: 80, 13505, 18800, 18805
UDP Ports: 53, 10000, 11000-11030, 18805

cheers in advance
13 REPLIES 13
godsell4
Rising Star

Re: Battlefield Bad Company - PS3

I do not see that version explicityly listed on the link below:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,444.0.html
You need Mr T to check this ...
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Grff
Grafter

I can't even get onto Multiplayer on the 360.
Just keep getting "Failed to connect to EA Online  Roll_eyes
I guess EA is using there own servers instead of Microsofts or P2P. Probably why there's a list of ports in the back of the manual it recommends forwarding.  Athough i'd expect uPnP on my router to sort that out
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: Griff
Probably why there's a list of ports in the back of the manual it recommends forwarding.  Athough i'd expect uPnP on my router to sort that out

UPnP may sort out your router, but will not affect the Plusnet traffic management, so if you are on a BBYW connection this would be a problem.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
Grff
Grafter

I'm on my premier account. Added the recommended ports in the manual into the router (except the three xbox live ports which clearly work fine with every other game) and forwarded them to the xbox, and guess what..... still can't connect.  This is starting to annoy me now.  £40 for a game I can't even get online with.
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: Griff
I'm on my premier account. Added the recommended ports in the manual into the router (except the three xbox live ports which clearly work fine with every other game) and forwarded them to the xbox, and guess what..... still can't connect.  This is starting to annoy me now.  £40 for a game I can't even get online with.

You need to get a wireshark capture for Dave to take a look at.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Problem is it is very difficult to do a wireshark capture on the xbox / PS3
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Grff
Grafter

Tried it again toight. Switched on, loaded it up, clicked multiplayer, and bang, connected in seconds.  Smiley
I hope it'll last. Smiley
badwolf
Grafter

Chaps Cheesy
Does anyone know if plusnet have set this up yet? getting quite bad lag after 4PM-ish
PS3 Wink
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thats a very good question, seems odd no1 has yet commented on whether or not the ports have been added by PN?
It would help if PN while advertising a gaming package would keep up with whats going on in the gaming world and should add the game ports as soon as they are aware of the needs.
On PN'S defence though there appears to be problems with BF which is well documented in PS3/Xbox forums. I myself experienced major lag problems last night which is what made me aware of EA's problems. The general opinion seemed to be that EA which is providing its own servers to run the game has grossly miscalculated the popularity of the game, their is also an argument that EA has provided far more U.S servers than EU. I sway toward that train of thought because when I join in the evening the game is unplayable yet playing at the weekend in the early hours poses no problems. This could possibly be to being transferred to U.S servers as more become available but I'm still investigating.
This is though an EA problem which they have YET to comment on, strange though that they should bring out an update for the demo version that doesn't have lag problems they may possibly trying out the patch before release, lets hope it comes soon as they have for me devastated this game.
Slightly off topic what do people think of BFBC? being an old skool BF2 PC player I'm very disappointed  Angry
The grainy game engine in Ghost Recon style is a Major pain, it really makes a mockery of HD gaming, why would anyone take a game like this and make it visually inferior compared to the likes of COD4?
Another down side is the weapons, you feel like you need to empty a full mag and hit them over the head with the butt to kill tango's Sad in fact the only upside is that after playing it you can swap to COD4 and feel like a FPS God  Shocked
I hope some updates bring this game in-line, I'm a huge BF fan of the entire series but to me they took an aw some format and just got it all wrong IMO.
badwolf
Grafter

Don't disagree with you there fella, apparently they've tried to make the game as close to real life that it takes 25 rounds in the head to kill an enemy Roll_eyes I absoloutely loved BF2:MC and it took a lot to move on, shame it couldnt be a little more like that
Reason I brought this topic up was because all my trafic in VMU is being classified as "Web" or "Other", with absoloutely zilch registered under gaming - and I do hammer this game Cheesy I am aware of lag issues at EA's end but this is the sort of lag you don't generally notice (ie getting shot aroung walls etc..), and it seems strange that bang on 4PM the game becomes almost unplayable Cry
beelzebub

I have noticed the above also (BF:BC / PSN not falling into Gaming category).
I have noticed some lag issues but nothing so far has suggested that it's the fault of +net, I've experienced lag with virtually every game I've ever played online - XBL or PSN. On that note I requested Interleaving be turned off over a week ago yet it still hasn't been actioned by BT :'(.
Finally.... I find BF:BC more entertaining (largely due to vehicles and the ability to modify the terrain) compared to COD4 (overhyped... bit like GTA IV) which can get quite boring / repetitive but that's just my opinion.
(I'm a recent +net customer, migrated not 2 weeks ago to the Pro package -- seems more suited to heavy downloading)
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: Blues
Just wondering if this game is being prioritised correctly on the plusnet network? I have the broadband yourway pro package and I've been experiencing some pretty bad lag today when playing. I know usually games can be pretty laggy when first released due to server overload etc but I just thought I'd check everything was alright on this end first  Smiley
Anyway according to the instruction book the ports used are;
TCP Ports: 80, 13505, 18800, 18805
UDP Ports: 53, 10000, 11000-11030, 18805

cheers in advance

As your on the pro pakage you shouldnt have to post a question like this as the pro pakage gets top prioritiy on all traffic.    havent got this game but pretty sure it will be EA's fault and not PN's
i did away with port forwarding and just put my xbox in to dmz. heard this helps the ps3 alot more than the xbox.
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Hi,
my gaming connection has had strange pings spikes over the past couple of days but is now fine and stable again. I am on the Pro Package.