Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield Bad Company 2

dangermouse1983
Grafter

Battlefield Bad Company 2

hi
my Battlefield Bad Company 2  pc - seems to get really high ping after 5 pm or so
not playable other game like cs , cod mw2  seems fine
can any one help me?
thanks
5 REPLIES 5
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2

it is possible that the game you are playing is not being picked up totally correctly.
Wireshark capture is the only real way to tell if something is being prioritised correctly.
Also it might be worth looking at your exchange... Here if "VP Capacity" is RED it means that BT are regularly 'running out' of bandwidth, this is a horrible situation - as it means high pings, and high packet loss - and theres jack you or plusnet can do about it. its down to BT to upgrade the exchange in question so that things can run smoothly again Smiley
hope that is of some help.
scootie
Grafter

Its sounds more like a prioritized incorrectly situation as your other games are fine its very unlikely to be vp capacity at your exchange.
mat's right tho as vp capicity issues can be a plague once bt lets the exchange run hot, asbo wonders how the poplar exchange is doing today, let me guess still red with a eta getting pushed back
edit.  Shocked  Shocked http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Poplar&exact=783&plugin=vp how many more years will bt let this exchange die for, if my line entered that exchange i reckon i would of bulldozed it down just make bt do something
dangermouse1983
Grafter

hi
looks like the prioritized incorrectly  have send a e-mail
thanks for your help guys
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@dangermouse1983, see my reply to the thread here.
Edit: we're hoping BFBC2 will be fixed tomorrow morning.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@dangermouse1983, have you noticed any improvement since the changes we made a couple of days ago?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵