cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Online

tywyn
Grafter

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Online

I've been beta testing and I'm having occasional connection problems and lag. As it's being released on 5/3/10 I would appreciate if you would please add it to the list.
14 REPLIES 14
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Online

Can you provide a wireshark trace for it
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jim:red I have removed a number of posts from this thread.
I would remind users of the Forum Rules with specific reference to the sections about Trolling and Personal Attacks.
Any repetition will be dealt with severely mod:end
StephenF
Grafter

full game is out now and it seems to be ok online, apart from a few issues with ea's own system the game is fantastic. a much better experience than CoD imo, amazing.
i would do a wireshark trace but last time i tried i had no idea what i was doing. followed the plusnet tutorial but still got lost.
maybe im just a dumbass
probably...
Tongue
StephenF
Grafter

after playing more i reckon it does need a wireshark trace and to be sorted by the pnet staff, ill give it another go later and try my best ^^
StephenF
Grafter

After further looking into the matter, it definitely needs sorting at plusnet's side, as my dad whos on aol who lives down the road from me (and my m8 dan who is ok KC) have absolutely no problems with things im having a lot of difficutly with. they have lower pings than me consistently and their server browser works great (mine doesnt). re-installed mine just incase and its the same thing so im gonna do a wireshark now as best as i can. wish me luck
Woody3600
Grafter

Got it through the post friday, been away this weekend so il let you know what it's like on xbox live after a couple days worth of online play Smiley
Lorenzo48
Grafter

If you can't do wireshark just do a tracert.
From desktop:
Start
Run
type: cmd
type: tracert xxx.xxx.xx.xx            (where x = the server IP)
Press enter.
tywyn
Grafter

I've done a wireshark capture and raised a ticket as I didn't get a chance in the Beta as they finished it before I had time.
It's difficult to tell if it's prioritised correctly as the destination port NDMP on my IP shows 0xa0 which is titanium for gaming/VOIP applications, but anything with a port number e.g 45617 is 0x20 which is Bronze.
Anyone know how to interpret the data correctly?
The ports the game uses are
18390 TCP Outgoing
18395 TCP Outgoing
18395 UDP Outgoing
13505 TCP Outgoing
     80 TCP Outgoing
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've been having all kinds of problems since the full game was released and that's on a non-Plusnet connection. The server browser is very slow, sometime I get random game lag, other times I get error messages saying I've been disconnected from the server. Sad
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

A quick scan over your wireshark capture is showing all the traffic from the gaming server is identified as 0xa0 (Titanium).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tywyn
Grafter

Thanks for your reply Chris, that's put my mind to rest Smiley
StephenF
Grafter

ok wierd though as since ive had responses about the ticket some of the issues have gone O.o my friends couldnt see when i was online and i couldnt see them either or what game they were in, and now its fixed (even though my mates on other isps could see it no problem from release)
well its definitely working sweet now, just need ea to fix their damn servers and we'll be killing those russians again.
kind of frustrating that they didnt cater for this load, and the server browser is awful.
if they would have implemented it :-
This game + Steam server browser/friends system = Top Notch
Chris
Legend

If anyone feels the need to add me, grab my Steam ID from the Players Alternative Name List.
Tyreal74
Grafter

Xbox seems ot be ok, some lag but i attribute that more to EA servers than plusnet