Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 4 on PS4

tazsizemore
Grafter

Battlefield 4 on PS4

Hi Guys
Is this listed on the games list just it's been a bit choppy recently over wired and wirless
Cheers
Taz
6 REPLIES 6
Devonian
Grafter

Re: Battlefield 4 on PS4

I think it's just Battlefield tbh.
It's the same with me, and a friend of mine.
I'm on PN and he's on Zen.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Taz,
Is it choppy on all maps that you play on?
wo0x
Grafter

Reading the BF4 forums it would appear that it's choppy for everyone. Lancang and Hainan always rubber bands. I stopped playing a while ago as it was just irritating. I logged in today to get my reward for 'player appreciation' month and got the CE error within 90 seconds.
shadowff6
Grafter

Just a bit of a tip that I've noticed: If you select Europe servers it actually shows 1 bar of ping (the worst) instead of 5. I often see 4/5 bars (the best) when I have worldwide selected but the lag is horrible in those servers.
Having tried out a few of the 1 bar servers, they actually seem much better, latency wise. I'm starting to think the latency reading is just wrong in the game.
tl;dr - Try a Europe server, even if it has 1 bar of ping. It might be better.
wo0x
Grafter

I've never been able to play outside of Euro servers, even on PS3. I see that 1 bar ping quite often, but checking on Battlelog shows 25ms.
The game is still a mess, it's the last EA game I buy at launch, I'll get BF5 second hand if at all.
tazsizemore
Grafter

Yea I always play Europe only and I prefer Hardcore which means there are less servers available generally. It can be fine but then sometimes I get 'lost connection to server' on every server I try to connect to, restarted PS4 then it seemed to connect to anyone I wanted. Where do you see the ping bars?
I must say as a game it is absolutly fantastic and addictive and as I have a 70meg connection (speedtests too) I guess I greedily expect it to play flawlessly all the time, anytime. But hey.