Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 3 lagg

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Battlefield 3 lagg

Ive been and still am having issues playing battlefield 3 ... my game laggs alot over the past 4 days, it seams to happen at random times but its affecting gameplay. Ive been on ptn-ag04 for about 5 days now .. ill do a hop and see if this changes anything.
Altho im getting lagg my ping dont actully change ... but the games still laggy.
8 REPLIES 8
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Battlefield 3 lagg

hi Ste , i have been on ptn-ag03 for some time & have no problems  Wink but i realise being on fibre makes it different than your connection .
is your router OK ? , Have you updated Drivers ? as i thought you had sorted it since your new router  Roll_eyes
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
St3
Aspiring Champion

yep all drivers are updated, and connection is fine its best its ever been, but ive been getting laggy games in bf3, it maybe that its ea end again because theres a patch coming soon due to the release of aftermath.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I was also getting unrelated latency with lotro since last friday, I was on ptw-ag03 and since a gateway hop to pcl-ag05 it has been better.  Wireshark and ping traces came up clean.  Nothing was obviously wrong, just I was getting rubber banding more often than I should while on ptw-ag03.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Blim
Grafter

I too have been seeing lag in all my games over the past days. When I open a ping test I see latency spikes to servers like bbc.co.uk...
I've tried different gateways but they all seem almost the same with one or two maybe a bit better. It could be something local to me but I really can't be sure without others confirming the same.
I'm seeing latency spikes even when the network is idle. With my QoS router limiting the one other person on my network to 2500/200kbps (18000/1000kbps internet connection) seems to be very unstable. Not good!!! This started to happen days before I'm about to get fibre and contract renewed.  Huh
Maybe its my exchange? but shortly this will change after put on fibre as I wont be on the same server? Maybe someone from PN could shed some light as I don't see any problems on the status page.  Embarrassed
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

We'll see what today's update brings....
http://www.dreamcast.gamezone.com/products/battlefield-3/news/massive-battlefield-3-update-incoming
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@ukste
Strange that the ping meters in game aren't registering the connection issues, normally if this stays solid then the lag is caused elsewhere (server, graphics, other players etc).

@Blim
We've not seen anything that I'm aware of but we'll take a look today and see if there is anything amiss.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
St3
Aspiring Champion

yer maybe its the game itself becuase my connections seams to be good since i fixed a few things a few weeks ago. Tbh some friends have recently talked about lag in game on other server so maybe its the game being a pain again. I really made the post because i was not sure and wanted to see if anyone else was having problems. Altho .. since i changed gateways ive not noticed any lag ... ill see how things go.
Blim
Grafter

Well Sunday was def laggy on most if not all gateways for me.

Really good news today, after having fibre installed things are really looking good. haven't found a server that can fully deal with the speeds this is putting out  :D. gonna give it a rest till tonight coz one speed test can rack up a lot of my usage alone. This is silly, bit too faster. I am lost for words. Great job. Id like to go on about it but that would just upset other people who don't have it yet.  Roll_eyes
Thanks PN, just hope things don't get like they did last Sunday again and that it was something my end. Peace  Cool