cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 3 - Origin on PC

majnu
Grafter

Battlefield 3 - Origin on PC

Does anyone who plays this game getting lots of lag and generally have a poor gaming experience?
I created a thread on Kitz asking for help and have ran all tests on DSL Stats, Speedtest, Tracert to Servers etc and have just uploaded a short video showing a little bit of what I am facing every day.
If you have the time please have a read and offer any suggestions what I can further do to try and eliminate this problem. I did call PN and they said that they cannot reset my line in an attempt to cure this so maybe it is down to PN routing?
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=16168.msg300283#msg300283
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Battlefield 3 - Origin on PC

Give your router a reboot  Wink  your tracert says your on PCL-AG07 , try this to check http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/
switching gateway via a soft reboot ,, not a power off.  should get you on a better gateway
For some reasons some PN gateways are bad for BF  Lips_are_sealed i had to gateway hop regular on BF3 also on  BF4
try and see if it gets better  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
majnu
Grafter

thanks which is a good gateway then? I gave it a reboot and am on ptn-bng02 and it's still bad hit reg
edit - just reading on battlelog that other PN users had the same issues, unfortunately for them leaving PN was the only option. For gaming it's really bad.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Ive never had any issues with bf3/4 in the past .... not sure what it could be, would be a shame for you to have too leave... is there anyone at plusnet that can help this fellow pc gamer ?
majnu
Grafter

Quote from: St3
Ive never had any issues with bf3/4 in the past .... not sure what it could be, would be a shame for you to have too leave... is there anyone at plusnet that can help this fellow pc gamer ?

I have a mate with PN and he is having the same issue. We're trying to resolve it. Last step for me is to buy a D7000 and pray that it works.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Gateway hoping is a bit hit and miss , just luck of the draw  Embarrassed
but i found removing the PN router  gave me better games  Wink  i got the asus  DSL ac68 u a bit pricey but very good   
majnu
Grafter

Quote from: rongtw
Gateway hoping is a bit hit and miss , just luck of the draw  Embarrassed
but i found removing the PN router  gave me better games  Wink  i got the asus  DSL ac68 u a bit pricey but very good    

I'm not going to buy new hardware, I'll just change ISP as soon as my contract is up. The sad fact is that I have to endure this for over a year, I will see when my contract ends
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Change ISP wont necessary give you a better connection, as they will still be using the same cables/wires you have now
majnu
Grafter

Better gateways, better routing, better traffic management all play a part. I can't even play on a local EU server with 6 people nevermind 64 without getting problems in game.
dick:quote
majnu
Grafter

Just wanted to update as after doing so many tests and asking for advise on various forums like Kitz I found my solution. It might not work for everyone but it did make things much better for me.
I downloaded DPC Latency Monitor and saw that my onboard NIC was spiking very high every couple of seconds. I disabled it and saw that the latency levels were normal. So I reverted back to an older driver instead of the ones from Intel's site and played a game and things were much better.
After that I just did a system refresh as it only takes 15 minutes and starting from a clean O/S is always good.
Anyway problem is solved and atleast now the only problem I will face is netcode related issues that everyone gets anyway.
I'm back in business Smiley
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/86680845/325951799/
Apologies to PN,
vicky1959
Grafter

Partner tried the above and no joy he is having issues ion BF3 BF4 BFH same as you along with our Daughter who plays Steam games, bad lag problems,he built them both high end Pcs as there both heavily into gaming,but for past 3 weeks its getting worse,EU or US/Can servers,and he is getting fed up with it Angry