Did you mean: 

Battlefield 2 has been revived!

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Battlefield 2 has been revived!

Hi all,

About 3 years ago, the servers for Battlefield 2 were shut down when Gamespy was closed down.

Fans of the game have since revived Battlefield 2 and have got their own servers running the classic BF2 game. The game itself is available to download and play FOR FREE using their launcher connecting to their servers. Here is the website:

https://battlelog.co/

They have also revived Battlefield 2142 (although not as popular as BF2 admittedly but it's still a good game).

https://bl2142.co/

Who'd be up for some nostalgic Battlefield 2 action?

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 16.50.13.png

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Battlefield 2 has been revived!

i still got original Disc Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

got original Discs too, i might try this a friend of mine told me about it 7 months ago... so i might have to try it again. my only problem is when i move to newer games i often find it hard to go back to the older games i pld. But as im kinda getting bored of battlefield 1 then i may have to give it a try.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I don't have my original install discs for BF2 anymore... I sold them at Blockbuster when I was a broke and starving student.

I had also had 2142 (also revived) but had got it on what was called EA Installer as it gave me access to the full game 2 weeks before retail. Unfortunately the service was discontinued and EA never gave me a key to the game, only a login to their old installer app that they discontinued.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

legume
Rising Star

Oh, cool, I've still got it installed - which shows how infrequently I change PCs. Though I do have a modern GPU and more ram than when I first built it years ago.