Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 1943

Grff
Grafter

Battlefield 1943

Now then, wasn't that an amazing launch yesterday.   Grin
Well done EA. underestimate the number of gamers (again) and not have the capacity for people to play.
I bought and downloaded it yesterday on the 360, and couldn't even get into a game.  Just sat "searching for a game" and did nothing.
Apparantly there's lots of people that couldn't get in, and from what I read, still can't.
I tried this morning and got in ok, although it did seem to have a bit of latency.  If I remember correctly BC suffered badly at release too.  The old shot and shoot, see the red hit marks, then you get dead.   That's when you could get in.
As for the game, it's more a BC than a 1942 game I feel.  I think it may be good for a few quick pick-me-up games I think.   I certainly looks....'brighter' than 1942 and doesn't feel like a WW game at all.
Anyone else got it, going to get it?  If yes, for the xbox, it's currently priced at 90000 msp.   Grin
Probably to stop more buying it and having problems til they sort out the servers.
Incidently, as it's hosted on EA servers (as always) i'm assuming there's nothing plusnet need to do as it's still on the same console ports?
I think this 1vs100 might be quite good too when it starts this weekend. Smiley
Griff
3 REPLIES 3
scootie
Grafter

Re: Battlefield 1943

yeah ive just used my 30mins demo time and seems an o.k game. i didnt get a go in plane tho Cry . my exprince of it was that there certainly wasnt the lag that bad company had for the first few months of its life so thats a plus for this game.
i think i will be buying the full game tonight or tomoro as ive got 200 msp spare at mo so only need to top up with a 1000 to get it.
looking at the msp price today griff its back to 1200 if they did do that  with the msp to stop more players joing the full servers
from the game play i had on the demo the game certainly is being picked up o.k by plusnet
SparckZero
Grafter

Been playing 1943 for the past few nights now, seems to be a very good evolution of 1942! The new destructible terrain is a nice addition...
Not had any lag at all, although I did have some problems joining matches, but I gather this is a capacity issue at EA's end.
Grff
Grafter

I get the usual blast away at some with a full clip, only for them to kill me with a few shots.
Similarly in the planes, I get someone in my sights, fire away, and don't get a hit register.  Even more apparent in the Coral Sea game.
All in all a good game, but i've played for rounds of the same map in a row before (so 8 in total).  surely it can't be that to work out if you're playing one map, to randomize between the other two.