cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battefield: Bad Company PS3 - Lag too bad to play!

Flan

Battefield: Bad Company PS3 - Lag too bad to play!

Hi,
I'm a new Plusnet customer. I joined because my previous provider (Tiscali) implemented traffic shaping during peak hours rendering my PS3s online gaming abilities useless.
It seems however that despite being promised that this would not be an issue with Plusnet I'm having major issues playing the above title on my PS3. Lag is so bad I can't move my character around the screen, gameplay is too sketchy to bother with, that's if I can connect to a game at all.
At least when Tiscali worked it worked very well with no lag!
Can anyone help with this? Is anyone in a similar situation?
Jim
67 REPLIES 67
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Battefield: Bad Company PS3 - Lag too bad to play!

Which package are you on?
If you aren't on Pro and the game is not defined then it may not be prioritised correctly.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll get this picked up first thing in the morning ..
dvorak

I'm surprised you haven't been playing it  Wink Smiley
Customer / Moderator
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

lol
My son had the game for a while (on rental) but never actually played online, I must make it mandatory to play all games online (just need someone to get me all the games Wink )
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've not been able to play the game online but investigating this I see we had defined this game but it seems that the implementation was not fully correct.  I have got that fixed this morning so hopefully your issue will be resolved.
scootie
Grafter

just shows more people play the xbox than ps3. ive bein playing bad company on xbox on and off since launch. at launch every one had lag because of ea severs but once ea sorted that i have had no problems with the xbox version. in fact never had any lag problems on xbox games with PN. standard ports for you.
you will be o.k with your ps3 here FLAN open and honest with traffic mangament here no slim shady tatics here. Any other problems with games on ps3 in the future just do the same again and post here or raise a ticket and it gets sorted.
Flan

Hi,
I'd just like to update this thread - after reading the post from Admin above I tried the game again last night and it worked with no problems what so ever. The problem appears to have been sorted.
I have also raised a ticket for this issue, I'll link this thread to to the ticket then it's pretty much closed. Thanks to all!
James
James
Grafter

Hi James,
Thanks for the update.  Glad to see that Carl has worked his magic yet again Smiley
alex1937

I had this game on the xbox 360 traded it in within one week of t being out, you will find it is not your broadband slow but the servers they use there are always issue's with this game.
Grff
Grafter

Ea using their own servers seems to usually be the problem with EA games.
I'm surprised the PS3 doesn't use the same port for all the games?  I think the Xbox does?
Egz0001
Grafter

Iam connected today and I have a ps3 and the d link dsl 2640b .router,  I play COD4 and WAW on it.
I have played tonight for the first time and the lag was silly and ended up turning it off.
My problem is apart from the port forwarding , do you leave UPNP on with the ports forwaded ? What is the best type of connection Interleaving on or off ?
Did you tick all the boxes on QOS to prioritise traffic ? Is it better to set the ps3 in the dmz with UPNP disabled ?
I am getting 3.9 Meg Down  /  220 Kbps Up  /  and pings of 80 -120  (Which is rubbish)
I think interleaving is on. I am only getting asdl 1 as 2 isnt availible in my area.
Im about 1.5 miles away from exchange. I have a static IP on the Pro Package too.
Any advice you can give me in setting up my connection would be great, i am not a novice at this but the router is well complicated, im struggling trying to understand the QOS service too.
If all you need to do is have UPNP enabled and have static ip on ps3, with no ports forwaded can someone tell me as there are many different setups that can be done.
I  Hope someone can help.
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

are you saying you have lag on CoD or Battlefield?
dvorak

Carl - might worth having a read through this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,72785.0/topicseen.html
Customer / Moderator
Egz0001
Grafter

Getting lag on WAW  (COD5). Havent had a chance to check on COD4 yet cause it hasnt worked properly.