cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad ping on some UT goty servers

adil33
Dabbler

Bad ping on some UT goty servers

I love playing this old shool game, but some servers with diffrent ports to the norm are laggy, i.e :6100 :6200 and :1111,
Now is this my problem or has PN not opened these ports and i dont know if they are UDP or TCP ports  (would help to know what they are!)
3 REPLIES 3
7th_star
Grafter

Re: Bad ping on some UT goty servers

Hi adil33
I used to play UT99 and some of my fav servers had widely custom ports.
If you make a list of the ports used by the servers you play at, then maybe raise it in a ticket to PN to see if they are prioritised or not.
I think the ports are udp - but PN should know - I would have thought thst you providing the port numbers would be enough for them.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You can also see if these are picked up already by running a wireshark capture. Have a look at the link below for details.
Wireshark
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adil33
Dabbler

I had a look on wireshark and it does say that its Gaming/VOIP
(Titanium). but it also says the ports unreachable,

So the problem must be somewhere else, My friends can play on them servers (alot living in 5 miles of my house) so its not the exchange and its not that the ports arnt open.
Also it cant be my line because on other servers the ping is fine and the router i have has them ports unlocked.
So any clues on what the problem is please advise me! :s