cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad lag in Call of Duty (xbox live)

MyNameIsRay
Grafter

Bad lag in Call of Duty (xbox live)

I am getting terrible lag on Call of Duty Black Ops (xbox live)..
I will be 4 bars (full connection) then 20 seconds later I will be 1 or 2 bars connection.
and I will get "connection interupted" message on the screen and teleport back to the same spot when I try moving.
Then it will go back to 4 bars for a little while (maybe 30 seconds) before lagging some more...
and it's not a bad host because it's in every game, and all the other players have 4 bars constantly.
I am not sure how long it been happening for, atleast for the last 5 days I have had the problem.
7 REPLIES 7
pullenuk
Grafter

Re: Bad lag in Call of Duty (xbox live)

I second that!!! What's going on?
MyNameIsRay
Grafter

bump  Embarrassed
Y2J
Grafter

loads of people having gaming problems i even had to get rid of my xbox in the end as plusnet didnt see a problem, and it was pointless keeping it.
Joke tbh
andy020
Grafter

You do realise the problem could be with the HOST and not with plusnet.. if a host is having a firewall issue/bad connection, or someone on the hosts connection start using a torrent/p2p program is can cause issues for the people connected to them. But if you were the only player in the game with 1-2 bars then it would possibly be a firewall issue on your end, or plusnet routing/priority issue.
The console versions do not have dedicated servers and work off of a peer system one person usually the person with the best connection (upload, and download etc) being the host.
pullenuk
Grafter

Nope, its either a Plusnet issue, Xbox or Call of Duty issue. Xbox and Call of Duty are reporting everything ok with their servers. I got friends who are not on Plusnet who are ok. But when I join, I bring everyone down to my level, lagging the server.
So its a plusnet issue. Started last night and STILL going on this afternoon and I rebooted my router twice.
I'm atttempting another go now, see if I can get in a game at normal pace and play without lag.
This started happening after my speed increased, with 21cn not impressed at the moment!
pullenuk
Grafter

Looks fine now. Managed to play for half an hour without problems
Grin
andy020
Grafter

May have been a LIVE network issue then.. they report the servers fine but it could besomething they're not aware of.