cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad game pings (lag + spikes)

markrach
Grafter

Bad game pings (lag + spikes)

Over the past 24 hrs it seems pings to both uk and nl servers i play n have become very unstable peeking @ 50ms + for nl and uk  very laggy to Sad , they were a steady 30msnl & 15-20 ms uk up untill last night .
Nothing on my side has changed , still the same router filter cat6 etc .. is there a dodgy server somewhere
Ping graph below shows whats happening
5 REPLIES 5
scootie
Grafter

Re: Bad game pings (lag + spikes)

try a tracert to 194.109.69.75 and see if any of the hops are to blame.
you probally know how to do this but if not open cmd prompt and type tracert 194.109.69.75
also have you tried gateway hoping see if you get some improvment. check here to see which are permorming best http://www.plus.net/support/network_performance/broadband_packets_drop.shtml?supporta=networkpbroadb...
p.s ive done some tracerts on a few diffrent gateways and on all the ams-ix-sara.xs4all.net hop is losing some packets
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

55 for FPS's isn't high just a blip on a gaming ping so shouldn't worry about it.  But the NL servers there was a issue a few days ago when a major network crashed in Amsterdam and all the traffic got shuntted everywhere else so might be fallout from that still.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
markrach
Grafter

a 55ping to nl is high , ok an issue with nl servers a few days ago happened ,i was not affected untill the last 24 hours , but this would not affect my UK ping 15-25ms normaly, upto 60ms in game now, i'll screenstot a graph of this . Its unpayable due to lag  :(. 3 router , 3 filters later and its still the same , even disabled the firewall in account seetings (plusnet).
being @ home playing in the day so not much traffic around its laggy , i could understand if it was in the eveing , but being on PRO i don't expect lag / ping spikes
Any ideas Sad
cp:quote
snobdr
Dabbler

A ping of less than 100 would be bliss!!
All my online games are unplayable and am at the end of my tether
I have posted in the broadband speed forum but if anyone can help get my ping down please helP!
markrach
Grafter

thought i would loadup this pingplotter software to see if i could point out anything that may interest support bods
Seems i'm getting all my lag from a plusnet server/router
Is there a problem where ever this router/server is based ?