cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF4

JamesM
Grafter

Re: BF4

I can't work BF4 out, at one stage last night after the patch I was 1 kill for 7 deaths, and all night the best I got was 13 kills for 12 deaths. I go on tonight and get something like 47 kills for 4 deaths.
wo0x
Grafter

It's the same for me on a different platform, James. I'll have games where I feel like Rambo, just run and gun... kill everything in sight, even against top, top players from well known clans... then other nights everyone will kill me and I'm afraid to go anywhere... check the stats and the guys have 0.3KDRs. I just don't get it.
PS, if you haven't already, get the MTAR unlocked... It's just so good.
*edit* I was upgraded to ADSL2+ today... now I don't know if it was that or the patch... or both... or just placebo, but I was on fire tonight, lol. Great night's gaming, lowest KDR was 2, highest was 34 (no deaths in that one.) Lol. Smiley
JamesM
Grafter

I have the MTAR unlocked mate, but I prefer to play as support with a LMG. When I play as another class, I always end up running out of bullets because other support players never drop ammo, so I can always re-supply myself. Plus I don't have to reload as often. I use the MG4, and most times I can head shot a gutless sniper from 200 meters, before he gets me. I got into the top 25 with the M249 in BF3 so I am used to the handling of the LMG's. A MG4 and a FLIR 2x scope is all I need  Cool
edit,
Congrats on your ADSL2+  upgrade, hope the great nights of gaming continue for you mate.
wo0x
Grafter

I haven't really used LMGs in this bar a couple kills for assignments and I only used them in BF3 when I felt like camping in TDM to get hatemail, lol. Prefer run and gun gameplay and flanking enemies with a suppressor.
Cheers, best part of the improved net isn't the gameplay; it's how fast all these patches are downloading, lol.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I am a LMG whore Smiley  unlocked everyting for all LMG  Cheesy am in top 30% world
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JamesM
Grafter

Nice going Ron, top 30%. I am no where near that in the scheme of things, but with my 2 weapons of choice, the M249 and the MG4 I am in the top 2% with both.  Cool
JamesM
Grafter

New patch out today and a server upgrade. Played 3 rounds and crashed 3 times. What woeful incompetent companies EA and DICE are.
wo0x
Grafter

Most annoying thing for me is the sales, seen BF4 for £25 recently. I'm not sure it was even worth that at launch... If they had any competition at all no-one would buy Battlefield.
JamesM
Grafter

True mate, no competition. I don't mind playing ARMA 3 every now and again but even that is still full of bugs. I can't even go on forumfield now as they have banned me for 24 hours. Still if they brought out a game that worked, then nobody would be complaining and they wouldn't have to endure all this anger from the customers. I have heard there is a couple of lawsuits going against EA too at the moment so maybe they are a bit anxious about those.
EA is now under fire from two separate sets of investors, upset at what they call ‘materially false and misleading statements’ about the game.

JIO22
Grafter

Been playing a bit of BF4 on the PS4 lately (never played it before), so more practice is required.
Although the game is a bit buggy on the campaign (switches game off mid game without notice) and if your unlucky it corrupts your save game data too, (this happened to me once).  Then used a usb to copy my game data so have now got it completed.  I have to say graphically on the PS4 it is amazing, and the campaign is great too.  Online modes look aplenty too, although not tried these that much yet.
Been having a go online, but getting about 2 kills in and 20 deaths per game, not a good ratio really.

Any tips you can give me guys?

JamesM
Grafter

The best thing to do is learn the maps, learn where the best cover is and where the choke points are. I always try and stay on the edge of the maps, ( best place to find gutless snipers, so you can knife them). For street and indoor maps find a choke point and just kill the enemy as they come through the choke point. If moving down a street hug the buildings, so the gutless snipers can't pick you off from above. Never spawn on a squad mate as 9 times out of 10 you will be dead before you even spawn. The best thing to do is not even be in a squad and be a loner. One map, you can hide behind a crate with a wall to your right and you are in range of throwing your nades where the gutless snipers like to camp. You can get about 8 kills before you get killed. Then spawn and go back to the same place.

When firing, tap your fire button, I never fire more than a 3 or 4 bullet burst at a time, tapping the fire button about 3 times in a second. that way the recoil is minimal. As soon as I see an enemy, I crouch and zoom at exactly the same time, that way the first few bullets miss you, aim for the head with a few short bursts and you should win the fire fight. If you come face to face with an enemy when coming round a corner, then it is just spray and pray and hope his connection is worse than yours.
I play as support because the guns hold 200 rounds, plus you can drop ammo for yourself, use one gun until you get a stubby grip, and heavy barrel, and I prefer the 2 x thermal scope as a  blank white soldier on a black background is easier to spot. The maps aren't really that big so a 4x scope and 2 x scope don't hold much difference.
Watch the flags, and when the enemy caps one, try and get to a good spot with cover so you can pick them off as they come towards you, try not to run to get the flag back in the open. When your connection is good, you will know how long to fire before you kill your enemy, so if you come up against 3 enemies, you can scope in, kill the first and instinctively move onto the second, then the third. If your connection is bad, then you think you have killed the first, instinctively move to the second, and the first one kills you.
Go on an empty server, stand about 20 - 30 metres away from a wall and fire and watch the bullet spread, keep firing but pressing the fire button shorter and shorter until you get a good grouping.
Main thing, always try and have cover, there is nothing better then crouching behind a crate, popping up killing a few, then crouching again, popping up and killing a few more. That is until the enemy cotton on and throw a nade. Aim for the head every time. I get called a botter or a glitcher because I get a few headshots a round. As I say to them, aim for the head, hit the head, it isn't rocket science.
Well that is my style of play, hopefully you might get a few tips out of it.
JIO22
Grafter

Thanks for the reply James, there is definitely some good tips in there mate, I'll give them a go  :).
I've been playing some of the online modes now, they're really good, lots to do and lots of varying ways of doing it.  Only thing is killing the enemy is hard to come by, so far my kills have mainly come from when/if they walk by me but haven't seen me and I've shot them from behind lol.
JamesM
Grafter

The one thing I forgot to mention is, treat friendlies the same as enemies, I don't mean shoot them, but just steer clear of anyone on your side, they will only get you killed. There is nothing worse than getting into cover, say in a doorway, you come out of the doorway, shoot, then go back into cover. Some numpty spawns on you as you come out of cover and doesn't move, the doorway is blocked and you die.
You are in cover, watching a corner, you can hear the enemy approaching and some numpty spawns on you, you hear a noise behind thinking someone is going to knife you so you turn around and it is your squad mate, meanwhile 3 enemies have just come round the corner where you were watching and because you have turned round to see who was behind you, you get killed.
You are in cover, waiting for the enemy, they come round the corner, you are just about to shoot when a team mate runs and stands in front of you, your bullets hit him in the back and the enemy take out both of you.
You take a Humvee, park it up and switch to the gunners seat and wait for the enemy. Some numpty spawns on you in the drivers seat and starts driving off, he drives over a land mine and you both get killed.
As I said mate, go your own way away from team mates and you will stay alive longer.
wo0x
Grafter

Good general tips for staying alive there. As an engineer I disagree with the avoiding teammates part, always happy to sacrifice myself if it's for a (skilled) vehicle user, if they're useless I leave them to it.
One tip that goes against everything you know from other FPS games is do not fire before you're fully aiming down the sights at medium range. I don't know if it's intended or if it's one of the many glitches, but if you fire before you're fully ADS, your bullets deviate as if they were hip-fired.
At close range, you do want to hip-fire, don't even bother aiming down the sight. What's close range? Probably as far as you could throw a toddler without building momentum first.
Above all else, play without fear. Confidence is the most important thing, if you're scared of dying you will die more often.
Attachments? I'm a fan of coyote sights, angled grip and muzzle break (I use most of my weapons on burst mode when I'm not being stealthy with a suppressor.)
JamesM
Grafter

Fully agree with the confidence thing. I must admit, I run around with the thought in my head that I am better and quicker than the enemy so 9 times out of 10 I will win the gun battle.
On the other hand, though, when you have got some gutless snipers who have been dropped off on the highest buildings by a scout heli and they are taking bites out of you, then your confidence drops because you are thinking too much about where the snipers are and you lose nearly every gun battle.
As you can tell, I detest snipers  Wink