cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF4

wo0x
Grafter

Re: BF4

The boats are just food for my scout chopper. If you set the boats up for anti-air, you're weak against the other boats.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

I sat in the back of a boat with an igla on paracel and racked up 32k score with 100% XP bonus and the mass of medals Cheesy
They are just a bit OP.
Only two things really annoying me though.
1) Badly specced servers lagging all the time. I'm fairly sure some are hamster powered.
2) Join random server in battlelog. Select conquest, puts me in TDM only server.
JamesM
Grafter

Wo0x, true mate, I just set mine up against other boats and hope the flyboys on my team can take car of the choppers and planes, I do Ok against the Z11 though. The only infantry I kill are the downed pilots, I let them swim until they hit the shore, then take them out.
Scott, First time I went in a boat I was on the side guns and noticed the boat driver was top of the leader board, so I thought I got to get me one of these. Only problem is the slow spawn vehicle maps, waiting for the boat to spawn again. Ste's server is great as he has fast spawning vehicles, so they are there before you spawn.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: rongtw
try this unparking CPU cores  Wink
download link bottom of page
http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

I'm AMD, that seems to apply to Intel CPU's?
JamesM
Grafter

Only thing I would suggest Matt, is either update to the latest GFX drivers, or roll back to a previous driver. Otherwise it's a waiting game until EA/Dice fix it. I went months on BF3 without a crash, then all of a sudden it started crashing a fair bit, then it would stop. Toward the end of playing BF3, it would crash maybe 10 times just as it was about to load the server map, this was every server, then it would just start as normal.  So it was nothing my end, same as it is probably nothing your end.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Mattzor yes i have a AMD 6300 and it worked for me  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JamesM
Grafter

I am so glad they learned from BF3 (shakes head). 1 gig update and now having to have another update to fix the first update 12 hours or so later.
wo0x
Grafter

Every problem that BF4 has also existed in BF3, in some cases they still exist in BF3.
They'll have a very good game in 6 months... a few months after that they'll break it again. We'll then be waiting for BF5 to fix it.
JamesM
Grafter

I remember the second patch in BF3, they had to roll it back as it broke everything. I am just waiting now for the second patch today and hope it fixes things. I was great before the patch earlier today. Oh well back to ARMA 3
JamesM
Grafter

Is anyone able to play BF4 with win 8.1 and IE 11 ? The new battlelog plugin will not work so I can't play BF4.
wo0x
Grafter

Can't play on PS4, not today anyway. Extreme rubber-banding and crashes.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

For me it plays fine now 90% of the time  Smiley i still get the odd BF4 stopped working at the end of a round , the sound Bug on the railway map is still there , as well as the odd rubberbanding for me its worse on a UK server  :o.
i get a lot better game on a Euro server with a higher ping  Cheesy
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Blim
Grafter

"its worse on a UK server"
I swar the new way of online gaming or there netcode can't handle low latency connection. No room for mistake, that's why I'm always wondering why my hits don't count and I'm always waiting for the outcome in a "fast pace" fire fight.
wo0x
Grafter

I often wonder, Blim. My ping is 12ms generally, according to Battlelog my ping to the EU servers is 25ms... I have so many ''no way'' deaths where the other player appears to be a pro, killing me in one burst as soon as they look at me... checking their stats reveals they aren't even good. Then some days I'll have games where I feel invincible, where the enemies appear really slow to react. Looking at their stats they're clearly above average. Very odd. Unfortunately my 'super soldier' days are few and far between. I've been watching players via streaming, it's amazing to see terrible players being shot at, but not dying. I'm watching it and thinking ''he's getting hit with several bursts, is slow to react... I'd be dead by now!'' Yet when I play, I'm aware of my surroundings, almost always fire first, yet I'm dropped instantly, with no time at all to react.
*big head cap on* I'm an above average player so I still maintain a healthy KDR, I'd hate to imagine how it feels to the average player if indeed the latency is making the game unfairly difficult for them.
Moaning aside, when the game isn't crashing or rubber-banding (PS4) it's fantastic, a massive upgrade over PS3. Hopefully the issues improve sooner rather than later.
Blim
Grafter

Put it this way, I can play in US server with 100ping and still kick ass in ut2k4 but in bf3, ps2, codmw2-3 and anyone other client side p2p algorithm based netcode and I'm screwed. Can't play for the life of me. When I feel like I've clealry got a kill, I die from two hits and the other player took jack all damage.
I dont know if its PN or PN's ISP or the UK internet but I can't play this type of game that uses p2p. As you can tell I'm unsure if its a traffic problem being p2p and all, because people in other countries don't seem to get this problem this bad. I just hope it isn't some government thing and them hidding the fact they watch us by manipulating the packet, because that would mess up the algorithm in client side netcodes. God knows but something isn't right at all.