cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF4

wo0x
Grafter

Re: BF4

PS4 and Xbox One have the 30hz update. Previous gen doesn't.
The game feels the same to me with the ''hi-frequency'' thing set to low, medium, high, and off. Pretty much every death on foot I will be dead and then see my killer come into view and fire where I was 1-2 seconds ago, lol.
We don't even have the ping display next to other players in the scoreboard, something that has been in shooters on PC since the 90s.  Sad
@Superfast1, it certainly seems that you've set the DMZ correctly. Switch UPnP off when using DMZ.
steviebaby1
Dabbler

Hi All.
I agree with pretty much everything WoOx has said, and I too have tried the Off, Low, Med, High and seen bluggerall all difference, I thought it was smoother before, but it turns out it was the server.
I messaged the guy and he told me he rented it for a day, was local, and on an extremely high connection and limited it to EU only. as soon as he spotted anyone from his tracerts or whatever he booted them, or so he said.
And, thanks again for the tip re the UPnP thingy.
PS anyone noticed we Still have the sound drop outs, still get the being killed from Nowhere by Nobody using Nothing in the game? IE it doesn't show who killed you and with what?  I'm trying to honestly enjoy the game I really am, but the things that happen in it whilst playing just end up making me rage quit after an hour or two because of all the rubbish, and don't even get me started on the lazy Camping snipers that just sit there doing nothing to help their team get points and progress through the round.
Playing on Silk Road yesterday ans we were being Spawn Killed by three separate teams on the other side. One team in a Tank, another on a Little bird and another in the Gunship, and all with Engineers on them, we just didn't stand a chance. That really flips me over the edge, and I was hoping we saw the back of that in BFBC2?
Sorry for the rant, but I feel better now after this therapy session, perhaps we could all have a group hug  Cheesy
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I cant really comment on the console version , only what i have read on the forums but for the PC its a vast improvement .
And with what is being discussed on the CTE it will only get better , at least on there the Dice staff do listen to people and keep you informed of what is happening.
hope there will be another patch before the next DLC this month  Cool
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
wo0x
Grafter

Quote from: superfast1

PS anyone noticed we Still have the sound drop outs

The sound, and textures, take about 90 seconds to load in after the start of every new round. It's a real problem if you're in an aircraft as you don't know when to deploy countermeasures. What really bugs me is that these issues were present in BF3 too.
Had really bad slow motion last night, every time I spawned it took twenty seconds or so before I could move at full speed, assuming I survived that long.
Quote from: rongtw

hope there will be another patch before the next DLC this month  Cool

Certainly hope so, but more importantly I hope the improvements carry over to new releases. Luckily for me, as I have no interest in Hardline, I can see from the forums if that's the case, if that game is a mess then I'll skip the next 'proper' Battlefield game at launch.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Agree Woox ,,,  hardline BF cops & robbers  Sad Angry
well it is made in USA viceral games , think this is a coffin nail in the BF franchise
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
steviebaby1
Dabbler

Hi.
Hardline does not interest me at all. And they certainly will NEVER get another Pre-Order out of me. This is the only way to break the cycle of poor game releases with un-finished games being patched over the next year! Again, we seem to have been conditioned to expect it.
Regarding this latest update, well, I  have seen  improvements since this latest update. However it does beg the question, why we had to wait six months for this to be addressed when it had been so well known and documented about since launch! I feel it was only patched due to public and internet based pressure as opposed to player loyalty or appreciation.
As for the PS4 itself, I'm still waiting for this promised SUSPEND / RESUME thing. They said we would have this option in all the BS advertising. But of course, they never said it would be at launch did they, no, we just assumed it would be because it's NEXT GENERATION ? ? ?
I just wish companies would be more honest and up front with us instead of lying and distorting stuff just to make sales, albeit off the back of over-hyped marketing.
Personally I would love to see a proper WW2 made with the graphics power of the PS4. Like the ORIGINAL Medal Of Honor, remember how much fun that was?