cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF4

vicky1959
Grafter

Re: BF4

theres been a lot of new probs lately with BF4 lately its disconnect or could not connect to server  due to
Port 3569 udp not open- this happened way back and resurfaced even opening it using portforward.com it didnt work,this is server side EA/Dice ,think  as there triyng to fix the netcode issue they have caused the problems
another one has been PB saying corrupt files --PB fault you can try updating etc  it wont work but disappears
Also this may explain few things on BF4 bit of an eye opener
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OSv5HH1egE
PitchBlack
Grafter

I should have binned BF4 a long time ago, I haven't had a frustrating nights gaming since I binned it  Cool
wo0x
Grafter

Had some fairly decent games on PS3 lately. It goes downhill when 5 or 6 players with KSA tags join. PS4 has been completely unplayable, invisible enemies with floating guns on killcam, rubber-banding, spawning without weapons, and all the other nonsense, lol.
If I ever buy an EA game again it'll be second-hand.
msx361
Dabbler

Sorry to drag this topic back up, but has anyone on plusnet played the latest patch with improved tickrate 30hz  turned on? Has anyone noticed any difference? Im just getting one hit killed all the time now but load of people are saying that they arent experiencing that any more. So im starting to wonder if it is just my connection. Any one else having issues?
wo0x
Grafter

PS4 hasn't had the patch yet, but I'll let you know how I get on when it does.
Have to ask, though, have you actually set the tickrate to 30hz? I'm sure you have, but I read that it is set to off by default and you have options of off, low, medium, and high. It'll be under ''hi-frequency network update.'' If you have, are you experiencing the same with it off? What about the network smoothing factor?, do you have that at zero?
Most of the early feedback was positive regarding the changes.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Patch is excellent  Cool the new tickrate is what it needed , game now runs smooth no packet loss .
best patch ever .
still some more fixes from the CTE to come  Wink i played on the CTE what a difference from the vanilla game , problem is they should have done this 6 month ago . 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Dhaos
Grafter

I am still on the fence about getting BF4, the longer it goes on the less likely i am to get it, and like you said the fact that they should of done all this 6 months ago just takes the biscuit.
PitchBlack
Grafter

It is a shame how slack EA and DICE have been with BF3 and BF4, I bought one COD game on the recommendation of a mate, and it turned me off COD games and I never bought another one. I have had BFV, BF2, BFBC2, BF3 and BF4 and I have not missed playing BF4 at all since I binned it, which I am glad about as I now treat the BF series the same as I treat COD, I will never buy any of either franchise again.

msx361
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for the responses. Yes I'm at 30hz and 0% ive tried adjusting these but it has made no difference to me. Since the patch I just seem to die so much faster, sometime before the player that has killed was even on my screen. I was part of the cte from day one, but it was never this bad in cte or prepatch. Its like playing hardcore when receiving damage and core when dealing it. Make it very hard to play enjoyable round without the rage.
I don't get as much time to play as I did so when I do I most hop into metro and lockers 64p 24/7 servers for an hour or so. Maybe Il try a slower paced game next time I'm on and see if that makes any difference.
I just wanted to check it wasn't my connection causing the issues. Thanks.
wo0x
Grafter

I have noticed a difference on Domination servers, but I don't play these so it's no help to me. I played some conquest last night and it's still slow motion at times. I thought it was because not all the servers were running at 30hz yet, but the blog post says they are.
Most annoying thing for me is if I fire an RPG and I get killed my RPG vanishes, but if I kill someone their RPG keeps coming at me. Same with bullets and grenades, but the RPG is the most obvious because you can see it coming/disappear, lol.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Woox a  lot have complained about the lost RPG and nades , i think they looking into it .
a lot more to come from the CTE the forums are full of good ideas  they going to implement
wo0x
Grafter

Have you noticed any impact on the framerate with the latest patch? Being on PC, you'd know. On PS4 I feel like it's struggling, but have no way to test it.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

TBH for me the framerate is still the same , but the game is a lot smoother  Wink
but i dont know if thats due to the difference in the GFX constrain of consoles , as i have more control over mine with the PC .
on the PS4 can you not bring up the bf console and type "perfoverlay.drawfps" to check your FPS ?
steviebaby1
Dabbler

Hi.
Nope, we can't do the control panel thing with the PS4 like you can with the PC version.
Since the latest patch I have noticed improvements overall, but still get killed around corners and when behind well established cover on occasions.
I even put my PS4 in a DMZ just to make sure there were no restrictions, but I have not noticed anything at all since doing it last week. See this thread here and tell me if you think I have done it correctly. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,127782.0.html
PS should I leave UPNP on, or turn it off? There is nothing else on the network, and no one else uses it except me on the PS4 or the TV for Film Streaming etc.
Thanks.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Problem with console is they are still limited to the 10hz tickrate , i believe because of Microsft / sony stipulation, and cannot run at the 30 hz update , hence because of the lag compensation it will still feel like getting killed behind cover Sad