rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

BF4

any PN getting BF4 ?  SP  ukste has 2 servers up  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
125 REPLIES 125
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: BF4

Aye I've got it, along with a FlyVPN account to use it already Wink
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

its good fun so far, servers have been full day/night for 2 days. Hope this carrys on Wink
JamesM
Grafter

I have just been on the battlelog BF4 forums to see if it is worth getting BF4, and to me it looks like I am still reading the BF3 forums. Same problems with hit reg, same problems with high pingers, same problems with disconnects and crashes. Seems like EA and DICE are still treating everyone with contempt, and I have no doubt EA will be voted the worst company in America again.
I will wait for a few more weeks or even months before I decide if I will get it.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Yup , at the mo its crap !!!!  BF4 stopped working ,, constant crashes  Crazy
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Having the same with random crashes. Enjoyable when it is working though.
Ive installed the latest beta radeon drivers and so far it seems to be more stable. Although that could very well just be a coincidence....we'll see what happens the next few days.
JamesM
Grafter

I am 50/50 on whether to buy BF4, so if anybody who has managed to get it working, and played it for a while on PC can give me some honest feedback it would be much appreciated, because
its good fun so far

and
Enjoyable

just doesn't fill me full of confidence.  Wink
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Yes it is good when you dont get "BF4 stopped working "
which happens every game i try , really disappointed
JamesM
Grafter

They are fixing the backend tomorrow Ron, hopefully that will stop some of the problems for you mate.
Edit,
Is there any decent infantry only servers like siene or bazaar, and how big are the maps, are they a decent size or small like COD?
wo0x
Grafter

Console - The game freezes far too often. Hit reg is awful, seems better with network smoothing at zero, but then you see just how bad they're all lagging. The game seems more geared toward infantry than vehicles, which is odd for a battlefield game. It's far too easy to take out vehicles, even if the driver/pilot is a top player. I don't mind, though, I had 200 MBT service stars on BF3 so it's nice to do something different.
MBT LAW does far too much damage for such a simple to use weapon with a fast reload and no reliable countermeasure. IRNV/Thermal optics actually hinder your view rather than help. I can still do well in all vehicles, but it's only really viable when playing against idiots. If I had two of my friends on the enemy team, I'd be dead in minutes.
Artillery is far too powerful, I had an enemy in spawn the whole game just spamming it. You shouldn't be able to take out armoured targets with such devastating effect, yet not be vulnerable.
Chopper vs chopper is the most tedious thing I've experienced, particularly scouts with engineers, add the limited ammo and long reload of countermeasures and you're just wasting your time in the air when you could be capping flags. Flight ceiling for choppers is too low as well, it's natural to want to get the altitude advantage over enemy choppers, this just results in both of you losing mobility far too soon. Some of the maps have tiny amounts of airspace and makes using jets pointless.
The only thing that's saving it so far is that the infantry combat is far better than BF3 and rewards the better player - when lag isn't involved. I like 8 out of the 10 maps, but to be honest I'd rather have these added to BF3 and have suppression removed than play BF4.
Despite everything, I'm still enjoying it, looking forward to next-gen and the inevitable balance changes.
JamesM
Grafter

Nice one Wo0x, if it is geared toward infantry, then I will probably like it, (which is strange because I can't stomach COD).  I ended up only playing Siene and Bazaar in BF3, because I don't like air maps, especially with good pilots on the opposing team. I don't fly very much ( time in jets on Bf3, nil) so the height cap is good too, I used to hate getting killed when I was in a tank by a chopper where the chopper was so high you couldn't even see it.
I might get it on the way home from work tomorrow, cheapest I have seen is GAME at 34.99 with china rising.
The IRNV doesn't sound good though, I am colour blind and everything in BF3 just seemed to merge into one, so I used IRNV all the time because at least I could pick out the soldiers.
wo0x
Grafter

I felt like I was forced to play vehicles in BF3 because of the lag and suppression, now I'm being forced to avoid using vehicles, lol. You have to play a lot smarter as infantry on this, your accuracy suffers quite badly if you try to run 'n' gun. Increased weapon damage means people actually die when you shoot them, but at the same time it means every time you're killed it feels like a OHK, but even when that happens you can accept it because you're not getting 'done' by the suppression system, which in BF3 was way over-the-top. Overall I like it, and hopeful/optimistic it will get better. Especially when I can finally get away from 20-30fps on console. <10 when Levolution kicks in, lol.
*Edit* Three different modes for colourblind this time around.
JamesM
Grafter

Yeah, I read somewhere that the recommended specs on PC are a 3 Meg video card, I can't see too many people having one of those.
I tried the colour blind setting in BF3 and it looked shocking, like a Scooby doo cartoon or something  Tongue
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Ok i made a boo booo  Embarrassed bf4 runs 90% fine the problem i had was a bad stick of new RAM  Sad
just shows new is not always good , returning to shop for refund
JamesM
Grafter

Glad you found the problem Ron, I bought it today and had about 6 or 7 rounds on it, haven't crashed yet :). I Haven't got afterburner to work with it yet, so I can't see my FPS, but it is running pretty sweet.