Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF3 v MW3

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

BF3 v MW3

Ok they haven't been out long but I'm curious and decided to run a poll.
I have to say I'm finding MW3 more to my liking, the Campaign to me is absolutely mental with loads of action but BF3 Multiplayer is definitely realistic.....no I haven't been in a real battle.
Edit: Just had a thought. The ones who have either game running well probably won't have time to come and comment here.
The ones who are having problems with NAT probably won't have experience enough of either game to comment Cheesy
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
12 REPLIES 12
rodtrotter
Grafter

Re: BF3 v MW3

I play both mw3 is more fun in hardcore team deathmatch but bf3 is way better with big maps for rush  its half a dozen of one ans six of the other
myth
Grafter

MW3 still using same old game engine thats dated, new maps....no, new weapons...no, new perks...yes. BF3 beats it far by comparison when you consider vehicle warfare, the realism(gravity VS wind), 64player maps, all the experience you need for each gun,class,vehicle in order to fight in comparison to MW3 is nuts when you think about prestige and how many times you can shoot someone in the head just to get a golden gun. Both are buggy games but MW3 is more finely tuned due to old game engine and actvision being paid alot of money to stay console only. my ten pence worth anyway.
matt_2k34
Grafter

For me, they're both pretty washed out series'
CoD, MW2 or BO was adequate, i dont see enough 'pull' from MW3 to make me want to fork out my hard earned.
BF3, will never, ever, ever, *EVER* be installed on my machine. Aslong as the requirement is that it requires Origin. I dont care if its one of the best games ever made or not  Roll_eyes
So.... Neither? Smiley
Skyrim or LA Noire for me atm Smiley
Regards
Strat
Community Veteran

Thanks for your comments so far guys.
As a PS3 'gamer' Origin doesn't directly come into the equation but I have it installed on my PC for other stuff.
My gaming roots were in Doom and Quake with a very large gap between those and NFS Shift so I certainly can't claim to be a good gamer but I have BF3 and MW3 on PS3 and it's MW3 which tends to occupy the disc tray as it suits my style of play (no I'm not a permanent camper) and I loved the pace of the campaign.
I do see what myth means about MW3 being 'the same old game' but if it's not broken don't fix it and it is a winning formula.
Quote from: GfK
1     CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3
2     THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
3     BATTLEFIELD 3

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: PC
According to Steam’s tracker, Skyrim’s rocketed to 231,593 players (as of writing) during its first 24 hours. For reference, Modern Warfare 3′s currently in distant second at 78,161

Then theres the "other" foot, of PC gamers *only*, personally I dont really see the need for a console anymore... Most games are available cross platform. the only one i want on PC that isnt, is Red Dead Redemption (got it on the xbox, and its not been switched on this year I dont think...  ::)) I really want to play the game, but the slowness of the 360 infuriates me, when its sat next to an i7 desktop, that if it was possible to play the game, would play it 2/3x faster.
Rock on Windows 8 with XBOX game playing kthx!
Regards
johnnybebad2000
Grafter

I just dont get PC gaming, perhaps i havent given it a chance.
For me a PC is for doing work or internet etc.
A games console is for gaming
The same way i dont ask my oven to toast bread, it probably could do an ok job under the grill but it wont be as good as using my toaster . . you get the idea.
Having played BFBC, BFBC2, Medal of Honour, MW, MW2, MW3, W@W and Blops what i would say is i liked the single player campaigns but never really got on well with the online side of things.  I think i prefer a more "pick up and play" arcady feel to a game and MW3 gives me that.
Either way, come the end of the week its going to be all about Saints Row the Third!!!
Strat
Community Veteran

When I started gaming the 'console' ran a single game....ping pong Embarrassed
I have never come to terms with gaming at useful speed on a qwerty keyboard Sad
myth
Grafter

Hehe my first console if you can call it that was the old trusty Spectrum 128k hence why I love PC rather than consoles. I notice now a lot with games due to covering so many platforms they always get built for the lowest system in this case the xbox (budgetbox). Thats where so many companies are now failing, yes the money is in consoles but i prefer the pc as you can customise the game to your needs and not some common run of the mill game. I use a 3d setup for my pc which pretty much gives me 3d whatever game I can play (exceptions Rage due to openGL and BF3 due to patch), consoles cannot do this as its only certain games. I installed Skyrim other day and O.M.G what a game it is, so beautiful in 3d but the textures are lagging due to Bethesda building for the budgetbox as well. I think this is harming PC gaming bigstyle and will hold us back even more till the consoles get upgraded, what do you think?
dick:quote
Strat
Community Veteran

It has been said that PC gaming has the downside that for every upgrade of game technology like a new gaming engine an upgrade of the PC graphics card is required.
Ok that's a bit of an exaggeration but, for example if your card doesn't support DirectX 11 then it's below the recommended spec for BF3 and you're encouraged to go out and spend a couple of hundred pounds on a new card.
A new console can be a couple of hundred pounds so really there's not much in it and therefore this particular criticism of PC gaming is null and void.
I prefer to view my enemies on my 40" screen as my eyesight isn't 20:20 and a console sitting on a shelf of my TV stand enables me to do just that.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

oops strat going to specsaves works wonders  Cheesy i have tried console & PC , personally i say PC graphics are far superior , as is game play ,
dedicated severs are way better than the consoles  Tongue ok you may have to upgrade now and again but its worth it , i would say about £1000 is a damm good rig Smiley but you get other advantages that you can use a console for .
PS i kill my enemies on my 28" 1080p widescreen monitor  Tongue
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Strat
Community Veteran

Yeah I need a pair of gaming glasses as my reading glasses are a shade too 'strong' for the TV distance.
A 64 year old walking into Specsavers and asking for a pair of gaming glasses might not be taken too seriously Cheesy Wink
matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
A 64 year old walking into Specsavers and asking for a pair of gaming glasses might not be taken too seriously Cheesy Wink

Depends if you've dyed your hair blue or pink first Smiley
I dont see why you cant - just tell them its for using screens for hundreds of hours a day  Grin
PC > Console. PCs can allocate more memory, therefore have larger texture sizes = better graphics. I see the point about "constantly upgrading", but thats good, because games are constantly moving forward... your hardware isnt! Can honestly say i've not had anything max out my sys as of yet to the point of it crying. DX11 issues are more common than DX11 maxing out !:) (F1 2010/2011 or any other codemasters game  Angry Angry Angry Angry )
Regards