Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF3 getting worse

wo0x
Grafter

Re: BF3 getting worse

Quote from: Kelly

We need to sort the disconnects before we stand a chance of sorting the gaming... If the disconnects are because of errors, that could well be it.

I don't have any disconnects (any you may see are me changing settings and gateway hopping,) but I still suffer with the same problems in-game as JamesM.
Quote from: JamesM
It is as though when an enemy sees me, they put a slow motion spell on me so I can't move until they kill me.

Exactly the same for me, almost impossible to keep my aim on them, sometimes my gun won't even fire... had some really bad examples last night, I jumped out of a doorway to get behind an enemy, he starts firing once I am directly behind him, I can see him shooting where I was mid-jump and yet I'm still taking hits... I die.
Quote from: JamesM
then reading your post Wo0x about it playing good on talk talk and not on PN has me thinking that the only way to go is for me to wait my 5 months out on this contract then ask for my MAC code.

It could just be coincidence of course, maybe I'd still be suffering if I was still with TalkTalk. It just seems strange that my gaming was fine with higher latency and bandwidth fluctuation.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348409399080/
This is interesting:
The lag is getting ridiculous. Im an admin on a server and we have to spend most of our time policing it to filter out the laggy people (Americans/Canadians/Mexicans etc). All it takes is one person on a server with high ping to make the server unstable. This is why we should all be demanding that BF4 has ping filtering on consoles. They can make the game look as beautiful as they like, but until they implement ping filtering it will play like crap.

and
his has been happening to me too... I usually play with a friend in my squad and this only seems to happen to me. We will play a number of different servers for a hours and I will never have any lag or troubles, then we come back to play later and I can't take three steps without lagging (running in place, unable to mantle, extreme vehicle lag, ect). The strange part is that literally everything else in the game goes on without me. Everyone else moves fluidly, explosions and different effects, and their respective sounds are perfect, it's just me. My squadmate will watch me lag out as he plays without any trouble whatsoever. It's not a connectivity issue, my internet is fine, other games on my Xbox will play flawlessly (even online multiplayer), and the disk is readable. I've reinstalled updates, save files, ect with no real help. This has only started happening within the past few weeks and seems unfixable. I'd love to know how to fix it.

Do these resemble what you guys are seeing?  It seems to suggest a lag compensation issue where a very laggy player joins a server and the game forces all the good people to compensate for their poor ping?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero

What are the pings like of the other players when you see the problems?
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490189971537/
Kelly Dorset
wo0x
Grafter

Do these resemble what you guys are seeing?  It seems to suggest a lag compensation issue where a very laggy player joins a server and the game forces all the good people to compensate for their poor ping?

Yes and no... it's consistently bad, sometimes it is noticeably worse and we assume the players are from the US and/or KSA as they have a reputation as 'laggers.' For my part I find the servers are at their worst when a large number of French, Spanish or German players are present,  but then sometimes the game can be awful and we check the reports (via bf3stats.com) and most of the players are from the UK.
I never experienced this before, even when playing with guys from Australia, USA and Brazil. It's frustrating as all tests indicate I have a better connection now, but a worse gaming experience. If it's the 'lag compensation' then why aren't my friends with great connections having the same issues as me on the same servers?
What are the pings like of the other players when you see the problems?

I can't answer this as most of my games are on PS3 as my laptop doesn't really run BF3 all that well.... using the server browser on PC does show I have the lowest latency, but as I say, I can't test the gameplay when I'm struggling for 30fps.
Kelly
Hero

What are their pings though?  Same as yours?
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Why-quot-LAG-COMPENSATION-quot-is-messing-up-70-of-my-gamepla...
There seems to be a bunch of threads which talk about similar issues to this.  I don't get why it would apply to you with a good ping, but not with a friend, also with a good ping.
Kelly Dorset
wo0x
Grafter

I don't get why it would apply to you with a good ping, but not with a friend, also with a good ping.

I have even tried playing out-of-region, but it's even worse, it's like playing in slow motion.
*edit*
Just loaded up a PC server, my ping is showing as 21ms (lowest in the server,) highest ping in the server is 120ms... As I said above, though, I can't say how it's playing as my laptop struggles for fps anyway.
JamesM
Grafter

I will keep an eye out for any high pingers once I get back in game Kelly.
One thing I have noticed over the last few days is with Kill cam, people are disappearing into walls, and if someone is prone who killed me, when the camera pans around them the floor and the walls becomes invisible.
At the moment I don't get any of the usual lagg tell tales like running on the spot, or warping, the game just feels really clunky and unresponsive, if I parachute my movement is like de de de de de and not smooth. I could be running and then I just suddenly stop any forward momentum, and when I look down there is a little rock that I am stuck on. I try to jump over it and just end up jumping up and down like an idiot until someone shoots me. It is as though everything I see on my screen is in a different place to where it actually is. I try and jump over fences and again I just end up jumping up and down on the spot like an idiot. I had a quick blast earlier on and I was inside a fallen buiding behind a wall stood still waiting for the enemy tank to drive off when someone shot me from across the water. Now where he was he couldn't have seen me unless I was not where I thought I was behind the wall, and I was actually stood in the doorway.
I have gone through spells like this for a few days at a time, but never for 5 days in a row, I can also tell when it is not right because the sound of me firing is different to when it is working properly. When it is not working the gunfire sounds really tinny, but usually the next day I can go on a server and the gunfire sounds normal and bassy and I know that I will be able to play ok, but as soon as the gunfire sounds tinny, I know that I might aswell turn the game off because I won't enjoy it. I don't change anything my end with regards to the sound, it just happens or it doesn't and it has sounded tinny since Saturday.
I sometimes think that, yes, this is a problem with BF3 and not PN, but then I remember that I used to be the dogs bo****ks on BFBC2, but now it runs the same as BF3 where I can't hit anything. The last 6 months or so of playing BFBC2 before BF3 came out on infantry only I could be 3,4 times KD ratio every game, but now I play and I am lucky to break even.
wo0x
Grafter

Glad I'm not the only one ^^
90% of my current deaths are from people shooting where I was, not where I am. It should be taking them 3 or 4 bursts to kill me at these ranges too, but I die instantly... when I say 3 or 4 bursts, this is assuming they are good players, but bad players are killing me in one hit.
JamesM
Grafter

Yep, I was on the bridge at C flag on siene, and I heard one bullet rip into me and I died, and it was a bloke with an M60 prone on the road at A flag. Now in all honesty that is what I used to be able to do, I could just point my M249 at an enemy and they would die, I would get called a head shot glitcher, a botter, cheat, accused of auto aim, but now I just can't hit anything, and it is totally ruining the game for me. I keep going on hoping I will get a decent game, but it just doesn't happen.
wo0x
Grafter

Assuming the LMG is on a bipod, it will feel like a OHK, but as you say, they don't work like that for me any more, and guys can run around with a foregrip on them and kill me despite clearly shooting where I was.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still MVP in the majority of the games, but it just isn't enjoyable having to re-spawn so often after bulls**t deaths, lol.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@ kelly , Pings i only play on UK or Europe servers so other players pings are generally never above 100 & on STE dervers he has a high ping kicker Smiley
but like i said my ping went over 700 on the PCL gateway but all other players were well below 100 , i know because i have TS running and chat with friends on same servers so i check its only  me .
it seams that random problems still occur during peak times depending on  which gateway you are connected too, from my experience i would say that PCL gateways are the worst , dunno why though ?
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JamesM
Grafter

6 hours loading this sack of [Censored] game and it is still the same. I have tried everything. My gut still tells me that this all started when everyone went unlimited.
Would someone be able to let me know how much it will cost me to get out of the last 5 months of my contract because this is really frustrating the hell out of me, and I am sick of wasting my time swapping filters, routers, moving my router, trying different GFX cards, different monitors, different sound cards, different drivers, different motherboards, different memory, different mice, different keyboards, swapping my memory, different resolutions, different settings, differnet ADSL cables, different ethernet cables. The only way I will know if this is PN or not is if I go to another provider.
wo0x
Grafter

I've also reinstalled several times on the advice of EA support staff, it never helps. It's all they ever say, ''reinstall, go to portforward.com, contact your ISP.''
JamesM
Grafter

Thing is Wo0x, I am on rank 85 and I will stop playing when I get to 100 anyway, but the way this game is at the moment, it will take me another 5 years to get the last 15 ranks, and I don't think my temper could handle another 5 years of this. Cheesy
wo0x
Grafter

I've done the UOTrace from this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113196.0.html Is the information helpful? I'm not contacting EA as they are useless. Should I paste the results here? Do the results contain information I shouldn't post publicly? Lol.
@James, I've spent way too long playing this game, but I blame insomnia... I can't remember the last time I ranked up, well over a year ago, but all that experience at least means I know when the game isn't working correctly.