cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF3 getting worse

JamesM
Grafter

BF3 getting worse

Is anyone else struggling with BF3 today ? I have heard on the servers that BF3 have done something to change the hit reg, has anyone else heard this or has my connection finally given up. I am running at up to 200 FPS in some places, yet it is like running through treacle and I can't seem to hit anything unless they are stood still 3 feet in front of me. I usually have a few smooth rounds and a few choppy rounds but today I have played about 7 rounds and they have all been really bad. Even in a tank from 10 feet I can't hit anything.
210 REPLIES 210
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: BF3 getting worse

i must admit the odd night mainly PCL  gateways it struggles
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JamesM
Grafter

I have googled it Ron and it doesn't say anything about EA changing anything yesterday, so I am stumped, another problem I have never had before is that it now sometimes takes me around 10 tries before I actually get on the server, it either stops at the loading screen with the little white flashing box, then it kicks me out into battlelog and says could not connect to EA, or words to that effect, or it goes to a black screen just as I am about to get into the game. Have you experienced this at all ?
wo0x
Grafter

I'm on all formats, but mostly PS3. It's just awful, it's like a completely different game than I was playing two years ago (when I was with TalkTalk.) I'm almost afraid to play on Metro as it feels like I'm a one-hit-kill to everyone as infantry. I can forget about shooting anyone that's moving unless they're coming straight at me or running directly away. Yet, I can be running, jumping, falling, diving to prone, it makes no difference, it feels as though every single bullet an enemy fires hits (and all at once,) yet when checking their stats I am getting owned by awful players, God knows what they see on their screen, but I suspect I'm not even moving, lol. Incredibly frustrating and is limiting my excitement for next-gen and BF4.
If a staff member reads this post can I have interleaving switched off please? I asked for it to be switched on to see if it helps, but my problems persist. I've asked in my thread, but I don't think it's been read.
Thanks in advance,
Wo0x.
JamesM
Grafter

I know exactly what you mean Wo0x, I used to be an admin for a clan in BF2 and I could tell 9 times out of 10 if someone was cheating by the way they killed me. If someone got me suspicious, I would check there screen shots in clan forge, or have a look a pbbans, and their name would be there, or the screen shots would show some anomaly.
Now though (I only play Bazaar, or seine large conquest due to it being mainly infantry) I get killed really easy by the same person say 3 times, I think hang on, they are a bit sus, so I check the score screen and they are 3 kills for about 20 deaths. So if they can only kill me on the whole map and I nearly always used to top my side then something is horribly wrong somwhere.
I can't see myself buying BF4 because I am not going through all this [Censored] again. Then again, there isn't really any other game that I want to play, so I might end up buying it  Sad
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

James when i get the little white square BUG Yup its a EA thing  Sad i just close the game and try again.
But its weird as you say some nights i kill everyone well almost , then next time i just die all time GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
a lot is EA fault but PN gateways do make a difference when i hop  Wink
wo0x
Grafter

Quote from: JamesM

I can't see myself buying BF4 because I am not going through all this [Censored] again. Then again, there isn't really any other game that I want to play, so I might end up buying it  Sad

You will, lol. When it works nothing is better, but when it's like this it is infuriating. I would love to know whether the EA servers and/or lag compensation have become worse or whether the problems we are having are to do with Plusnet. It's been awful today, start shooting a guy at close range with the Famas, get several hitmarkers, he fires his SCAR H and I die instantly. Without latency issues that just isn't possible...
JamesM
Grafter

Thats all I do Ron, is close the game and start again, but I used to get it hanging maybe about once every 4 months, but now it is happening sometimes over 10 times a night. Maybe EA are gearing up for BF4 and letting BF3 get even more worse than it is.
Wo0x, lol, yes I know I will probably buy BF4 even though I know I will regret it, the choice is though, buy it on the first day like I have done with the rest of the BF series and play through all the patches until they have it something decent, or wait until I have read the forums for a few months, then buy it if it is decent.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

James , when i had bf2 we all said bf3 had to be better  Embarrassed  but not so .
by the looks of things with bf4 you will be killed by some kid on a bus with his tablet LOL 
JamesM
Grafter

Quote from: rongtw

by the looks of things with bf4 you will be killed by some kid on a bus with his tablet LOL  

In Australia with a ping of 350 lol
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Well guys im still yet to find any errors, as ron knows i play almost everynight for long hours and ive not really had any issues. I know battlelog has had a fair few crashes within the past 2 weeks so maybe its ea backend .. blaze playing up.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Sad Sad well on pcl-ag03. tonight Absolutely Horrendous impossible to play my ping went up to 743  Angry
unfortunately its not all EA fault  not happy bunny PN 
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Do you have a ping graph?  Do some traceroutes for us.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
wo0x
Grafter

Absolutely infuriating, game is unplayable like this. Shooting people that are holding RPGs and they have all the time in the world to casually switch to their sidearm and kill me, despite me not missing a shot.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@kelly Sorry no tests .
I realize it would help , but all i want is to be able to play my game so i just do a gateway hop & its something thats intermittent so hard to pin down .
But thing is its not just me with the odd hiccup the forums show a few with similar troubles  Undecided
I did do a speed test and it shows a loss of DL speed again,
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2868153728  
you can see some speed drops on the graph
http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?hd=06/01/2013&s=0