Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Defined game types tied to ip?

Isquish
Dabbler

Are Defined game types tied to ip?

Hi Guys
If a game is defined and has it's traffic prioritised is it tied to a specific ip?
I ask because I'm currently playing dark age of camelot on the us servers and after around 20:00 hrs I notice significant latency on my connection.  UK based friends with different isp's don't notice the lag like I do.
'Squish
6 REPLIES 6
artificer
Grafter

Re: Are Defined game types tied to ip?

you can ask plusnet for a static ip.
zubel
Community Veteran

It's very dependant on the signature itself.
You can do a Wireshark trace and submit it on a ticket so that the signature gets updated.
Cheers
B.
Isquish
Dabbler

THanks for the help guys.
I've wiresharked the traffic and submitted a ticket.  There's definitely something not right, I'm hoping the network fellas at p.net can sort it
'Squish
zubel
Community Veteran

They're pretty good at picking these things up, but it can take a week or so for the sig to be tested and rolled live.
B.
Isquish
Dabbler

well the traffic is prioritised correctly and yet randomly in the evening I get massive packet loss and lag spikes.  I see other people have had similar issues themselves.
Is there anything else I can do to help get this resolved?
This game is 9 yrs old - itmight be the us servers but none of my uk based friends have the issues I have.
'Squish
scootie
Grafter

is it just that games traffic getting the packetloss and lag or is your whole connection effected?.
try running ping plotter or simlar to the games server around the time you normal see this issue and see if and which hop is eating the packets