Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archeage starting to feel like a lemming

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Archeage starting to feel like a lemming

The game has been out in Korea for 1.5years already and we get a supposed alpha.
Issues so far

• Patching there is none, you have to reinstall the game completely, as XLgames think its ok to have every single file in the game in One single file which is  23gig in size.  They release a patch and you have to down load that file everytime
  • Gold sellers, Trion will/have not put in IP blocks so the game is infested with bots and gold sellers already
  • Korean grind, western MMOs have nothing on them for grinds and its looking as bad after the last patch
  • F2P free to play for those not knowing, to buy plots for farms and houses you need to be a Patron aka paying monthly.  Since the game is built around crafting, being F2P is not worth it as you need housing and farms to make everything.  They have added items to buy with in game currency to get patron, but all that will happen is that the gold sellers will corner that market on the AH

I watched a number of streams around April/May and decided to get the alpha access on the strength of the streams.  The game is simply not the same as it was shown in those live streams.  I have tried to get a refund on the items/patron I get once the game goes live, but they do copy past replies that I have had game time and I can no longer get a refund.
So between the dealings with Trion and the useless patching/base game mechanic changes by XLgames avoid it until release, its being hyped too much.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
13 REPLIES 13
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Archeage starting to feel like a lemming

Sounds bad. I'm looking for Ann alternative to WoW. This is definitely one to avoid.
KhromeHound
Grafter

It looked decent from what I'd seen. But obviously, a) the price tag & then b) this, kinda offputting.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Trion is being Trion, same deal as Rift they are ignoring account hacking reports and blaming the players.  They have to add the same account security that they added for Rift, IP locks e.g.  if you login from a different IP address and or country then the account is locked, until you unlock it with security questions.
But from all of the posts about it, it is the Glyph client that is the problem, which is their attempt at a Steam clone.  So if a hacker gets access to your account and they leave Glyph logged in, no matter what you do you cannot retrieve the account as Glyph being logged in trumps anything you attempt.
Those that get hacked are getting their CC/paypal accounts run up with them buying Founder packs to sell on.  I have removed all payment details from my account and would advise anyone with a Trion account to do the same.
Then the latest fiasco, a typical money grab they are looking at making support for paid up players only.
Nice game spoiled by Trion
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Headstart release day for founders, its been like that for the last 30 minutes so far and not improving
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Finally got in, crashed and back to the end of the queue, Trion hasn't got a clue.  During all of alpha/closed beta and open beta there was never world queues, currently every single server has a queue both on US and EU sides.
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Its a lemming.

• 30 min plus queues with just founders trying to get in game, it was fine all during alpha/closed beta and open beta, then on headstart day they added queuing
  • Not getting what you paid for from founders packs which support will quote a faq and ignore the buggy system that made the items you paid for not appear and not give you them
  • Support is a classic web based, reply to this if you really want help, after being spammed with faq links
  • Over sold founder packs which were advertised as a limited resource durign alpha.  Trion on launch day are still trying to flog them, its a Trion cash cow
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Now the game is Live and I have to wait 30 mins just to queue for another 30 mins plus to enter the game.  Trion hasn't a clue, we started with 5 servers and they added only 1 more.  They know exactly how many founder packs were sold, so they know how many servers we need just to play with little or no queuing, then add in all the free players as its gone full release and its a nightmare.
Dhaos
Grafter

Yeah i have been in the queue 3 hours as a F2P, started off at 3000 in the Queue. Not overly bothered tbh as im not desperate to try it, bit of a bummer that i will probably get in the game just as im heading off to bed.
EDIT: Took me just over 4 hours to get in.
EDIT2: Scrap that, i got in, created my character then got a black screen....oh well i will give it a try tomorrow.
adambro4

any of you guys getting dc alot ? im getting disconnected by the gods as soon as i get ingame usually within 60 secs. been like it for 42 hrs now but i played a good 18hrs thge first day of lauch.
Dhaos
Grafter

Wow, one of the servers has a 400 queue at 8:30am
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Current queue at prime time for me, I have had about 4 hours total game time so far during head start and zero once the game went live on Monday, £109 to queue endlessly
Dhaos
Grafter

I just tried kyp and it was over 4000
Dhaos
Grafter

They just added 3 more EU servers. 1 i am on though is more or less constantly german.