cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archeage lag/latency/disconnection & hot(ish) router

meyre68
Grafter

Archeage lag/latency/disconnection & hot(ish) router

I'm having constant lag/latency/disconnection issues in Archeage. Aboard my boat I have half second freezes every few seconds until it catches up again. PVP is unplayable. And recently, within the last week or so I keep getting DC'd from the server. When I eventually relog my guild mates have not had any issues.
My PN router (Technicolor TG582n FTTC) also gets fairly warm to hot sometimes too and I'm not sure if that is causing it to happen or not. It's located on top of my desk which is near the window and nothing is covering it.
Current speedtest result: as of writing this post :-

Downloads seem to be fine but online gaming is really starting to annoy me when i relog at the res shrine
Please help before I consider changing isp  Embarrassed
2 REPLIES 2
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Archeage lag/latency/disconnection & hot(ish) router

Trion is the problem, they cash grabbed selling founders packs and not giving us enough servers or hell good enough servers and now anyone being fooled into starting that game will pay for it.  What you are getting is server side latency as they are Overloaded, I quit the game 3 weeks ago due to it.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Dhaos
Grafter

Re: Archeage lag/latency/disconnection & hot(ish) router

Exactly what Gus said, i also quit the game a week or so ago, it was so frustrating with the combat lag.