Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apex Legends - leaf error

dsevans
Dabbler

Apex Legends - leaf error

Hi,

I am getting disconnected from the Apex Legends server after every game.  I am getting the leaf error which, according to the internet, is due to connectivity to the EA servers.

I've done the necessary port forwarding on the Technicolor TG582n FTTC router, I've deleted game data, I've got an open NAT, i've apparently got good low latency and 0% packet loss to the london servers and i've restarted router and xbox but am still getting the disconnect after every game. 

This never used to happen but has been happen consistency since i reinstalled the game a couple of weeks a go. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
dsevans
Dabbler

Re: Apex Legends - leaf error

I have completed a traceroute to the ea servers and am seeing two things that EA help are saying are issues:

1. 100% packet loss to 136.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk

2. A number of "unknown hosts"

They have said that these can be cuasing the loss of connectivity with the EA servers that I am experiencing.  Is this the case and can plusnet please do anything about this?  Also, how can i go about getting a healthcheck on my broadband?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the post David, I've just posted a reply back on to the thread over Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@dsevans wrote:

I have completed a traceroute to the ea servers and am seeing two things that EA help are saying are issues:

1. 100% packet loss to 136.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk

2. A number of "unknown hosts"

They have said that these can be cuasing the loss of connectivity with the EA servers that I am experiencing.  Is this the case and can plusnet please do anything about this?  Also, how can i go about getting a healthcheck on my broadband?

THat's pretty misleading.  Both of those are caused by settings on those devices and doesn't indicate anything about performance of traffic through them.   Hopefully a new router might improve things.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
dsevans
Dabbler

Yep, I thought it didn't seem right. 

The new router is here already and does seem to have made a massive improvement! Smiley  Fingers crossed it continues as it has for the first few hours of use.

Ta.