cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tried the Resident Evil 5 demo yet?

Andrew_B
Grafter

Anyone tried the Resident Evil 5 demo yet?

I downloaded it this evening on the 360.
Thought the graphics and sound were great.  Hard to comment on the story as you just get to play through two random scenes.
The controls are... for want of a better word, shoddy... same old clunky turning and "press X to jump off the ledge" type nonsense.  Also with that many zombie things, surely you need to be able to move and shoot at the same time.... or move and do anything else at all for that matter.
I was wondering if it's just me being snobby as I'm enjoying the precise control of Metroid Prime: Hunters on the DS... any thoughts?
14 REPLIES 14
Grff
Grafter

Re: Anyone tried the Resident Evil 5 demo yet?

I've got it downloaded, but not fired it up yet.
A lad at work was saying the same as you.  The graphics are top notch, but it's still got the old naff control system.  Slow turning around, and stop to fire.
Why couldn't thye update the controls to something more..... modern, or easier?
clockley
Grafter

Downloaded, played (a bit) and enjoyed.
I agree with the movement though, you should be able to move and shoot, especially in these times when Gears of War, GTA IV et al pull it off really well.
scootie
Grafter

yep nice graphics. but seems you need a maths degree to master the controls.
ITFCdan
Grafter

Nope , coz ive got a PS3  Sad
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It should be on PSN next week, do fret too much  Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

On there now, good luck downloading it though

oplesrope
Grafter

wow. its really not very good is it... don't think i'll bother there. roll on killzone 2.
adheelios
Grafter

gotta say, im playing and loving the demo (on ps3)

agree there are some flaws with it though, such as the camera being a odd angle behind the main character (hopefully this will be changeable when the game comes out) and the fact you can't run and shoot (what the hell?) but overall I'm impressed with the graphics and basic fun of the demo.
I also love the fact there will be many ways to play the game (like MGS4) e.g played the first level about 12 times before I realised you can move the bookcases in front of the door and window to make it slightly easier.

I was busy trying to pick the zombies off from distance in all fairness the first few times  Grin

p.s KZ2 does look awesome, but think i'll get street fighter 4 round then, and then resi 5 in March
James
Grafter

I'm not that impressed tbh, but will probably buy the game because I feel like I have to!
Movement is sluggish, turning round after being mauled in the back is slow.
Like the teamplay aspect though.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I'll have to have a look when they make a PS3 demo available.
Not played my PS3 much actually .. when I have a look at what's around in the shops I've no idea what is good and what to get (I might start another thread about that actually).
World of Warcraft has been taking up all my time, and I'm only an hour or two away from getting one of my characters up to level 80.
79 at the moment and currently 5 blobs of XP away from hitting it. Those who know what that means will probably realise why I'm so eager to get there now Smiley
Sorry for being a bit OT Grin
oplesrope
Grafter

Quote from: Alex
I'll have to have a look when they make a PS3 demo available.

they have done actually - came out monday (that xbl gold timed exclusive wasnt v long in the end was it?).  i agree that it looks good, but just did not find it fun to play at all.  movement  was slow, not being able to run and gun frustrating, inventory system horrid.  i dont think they can say that the controls add to the suspense, its just annoying.  i didnt find it scary compared to my memory of the older games, or more recent games - even something like uncharted got a bit more scary at the end than this seems like it will be.  the presentation seems nasty as well - v. japanese menu systems like soul calibur or valkeria chronicles etc.  i can see why people might like it - it looks nice, and the co-op should be fun. 
turned it off and played some more Burnout Paradise instead.
ITFCdan
Grafter

Didn't like it , its made my mind up to get KILLZONE 2 & SFIV and give this a BIG miss! The control system is pathetic , gameplay seemed repetative for me!
Shame as i loved the old res's.
James
Grafter

I was actually really surprised that it wasn't absolutely stunning, given how long it's been coming for!
Tyreal74
Grafter

ive playe dit and not so bothered so far, think ill just wait for GH : Metallica instead or maybe get HAWX