Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone playing Dayz Standalone ?

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Anyone playing Dayz Standalone ?

Zoooombieeesssssssssssss, I see this being a great game when its released next year, currently you can play it in pre alpha for a small price of £19.99 via Steam. But upon release this game is due to set you back £40ish theres no offical price yet but its due to go up!
Ive been playing it past few weeks and right now the game looks and feels great, and this is only pre alpha, im looking foward to seeing how it runs on final release.

http://dayzgame.com/age-gate#.UwtYTPl_suk
26 REPLIES 26
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Anyone playing Dayz Standalone ?

Yep, yep and yep.
There's a group of us that play it and have our own server too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
St3
Aspiring Champion

hmm pm me the server name and ill jump on sometime and hunt you all down Wink
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yep, I play too Smiley
PitchBlack
Grafter

I played the DayZ  add on for ARMA 2 and quite liked it, but as you probably know Ste, being alone is not the best. I remember finding a crow bar in a church and as it was my first weapon I was quite chuffed. Then I heard  "drop the crow bar", I turned and saw a sniper stood in the doorway. He then said again drop the crow bar, so I turned and faced him. He mover closer and said I will give you 5 seconds to drop the crowbar, 5,4,3,2, so I thought sod this and ran at him hitting him in the head with the crow bar. He got off 2 lucky shots and killed me.
So I would be up for team work.
St3
Aspiring Champion

Yep thats the problem, you need to join the same server in a group and meet up then begin to survive., also helps if you are on Teamspeak together Wink
Devonian
Grafter

No... but maybe I should! 
I might actually have a look see tonight.  Wink
PitchBlack
Grafter

I have been hovering my finger over the buy button for ages now but it doesn't fill me full of confidence reading that head honcho Dean Hall is going to do a runner. Having played OpFlash, ARMA, ARMA 2 +OA and now ARMA 3 still with the same poor engine also doesn't fill me full of confidence that DayZ will ever be 100% playable.
I know I sound negative, but I used to buy games knowing I could play them, but after ARMA 2 ARMA 3 and BF3 and BF4, I have lost all confidence in any studios ability to produce a finished game.
Chris
Legend

head honcho Dean Hall is going to do a runner.

I thought he was thinking of leaving the mod and focussing on the standalone?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PitchBlack
Grafter

There seems to be that many stories Chris. AFAIK, he has publicly said the game can never be fixed so he is leaving, going back to NZ to be with his family and start working on new projects.

"I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept," he went on, "and I've always recognised that. It's not the perfect game; it's not the multiplayer experience, and it never can be, [with] the absolute spark that I want in it."
Maybe he feels as long as he is using the ARMA engine, it will never be as good as he wants it to be.
OTOH, I still love the ARMA games and will eventually press the buy button for DayZ, after all it is only the price of 3 packets of smokes.
Chris
Legend

From the sound of the latest dev blog, they're still working hard and recruiting more developers to get this game out there:
http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/77808726128/here-is-our-latest-dev-blog-created-on-the-24th
PitchBlack
Grafter

He is staying until the end of the year so hopefully it will be beta by then and then it will be in Bohemias hands. BI have made amazing sandbox games but IMO the engine continually lets then down. Maybe with all the money they make from ARMA 3 and DayZ standalone, they will start looking for a different engine for ARMA 4.
I know I sound negative, but I will say OpFlash CWC was the best game I have ever played, and for that reason alone as long as they keep making ARMA games, I will still keep buying them.

PitchBlack
Grafter

Found a yellow bandana, a little girls pink back pack and a baseball bat  Cheesy
Heard some dude calling me, looked out of the window and he was crawling along the street, he said he had a broken leg. Should I hit him with the baseball bat or do a runner. I didn't want to be a bandit, so I did a runner, then the age old problem of desync, then the game crashed. Same old ARMA BS.
Chris
Legend

Looks like Dean has left now but promised to 'stay involved' http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/02/24/lead-dayz-dev-steps-down/
The desyncs are annoying, but I'm not seeing them too often at the moment and it is an alpha after all.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The desyncs should start to disappear once they sort out how the inventory items talk to the server.