cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting REALLY SLOW speeds on steam?

teddman
Grafter

Anyone else getting REALLY SLOW speeds on steam?

Up until the last week or so iv never once had a problem with steam downloads. Always maxed out at 6-7mb/s (im on 80/20 FTTP) but now (as i speak) i cannot download more than 400-600kb/s. Doesnt matter what time of day it just wont budge. I did a speedtest and it was fine and downloads from other places are fine just steam. I know it may be busy but iv tried several times and its always the same. Iv made sure the correct ports are forwarded on my router etc. Am i being throttled? Its a real pain in the ass when im supposed to be on SUPERFAST fibre.
Any help guys? Undecided
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Anyone else getting REALLY SLOW speeds on steam?

Just out of interest, are you using the closest content server to download from? It should show somewhere in your download settings.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
teddman
Grafter

using UK-London, iv tried Manchester aswell, little to no difference. Iv just logged into steam again. And its doing the same thing.
heres a screen

EDIT:
just after 11pm now and went to download something else. It went straight upto 4.2mb/s then almost immediately dropped and now wont budge from 50-100kb/s
what is wrong? this is really  annoying. Cry
teddman
Grafter

After last night i put a ticket in and just got a reply, my profile was set wrong. It was set on 40mb/s so they've just upped it back to 78mb/s. Just started a download and back to normal. Thanks guys