cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reason why my gaming traffic gets deprioritised?

breakat
Grafter

Any reason why my gaming traffic gets deprioritised?

Hi,
My gaming traffic to world of warcraft keeps getting put on 0x80 and im wondering if there is a reason for it? I'll put a ticket in (3 now), and include the wireshark capture. Next evening it's fine for an hour or so but then get's put back on 0x80.
It's annoying as i hate to play it on that level of ping (in fact i dont), but by the time it's sorted and ive checked it it's the following evening, so keeping my traffic on platinum would be great.
Any ideas? 
10 REPLIES 10
KaotiK
Grafter

Re: Any reason why my gaming traffic gets deprioritised?

Mines the same, but isnt it due to the problems plusnet are ahving atm? not sure
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

It takes more than a day for them to fix any traffic in the wrong queue, e.g. report it on A Monday and expect it fixed by the following Monday as they do job lots.  So give them a week and then follow up with a reminder.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Mand
Grafter

Re:Any reason why my gaming traffic gets deprioritised?

There's always likely to be some UDP traffic in Gold. Most of the time you won't notice this (as the difference between Titanium and Gold is not so noticeable).
Worth keeping the ticket open and adding the captures though, as they will help us improve the gaming experience across the board.
breakat
Grafter

I see. Well, without wishing to sound argumentative there's a huge difference between gold and platinum on my line. Platinum <100 ms, gold >300 ms. I just checked it now and it's gone back to platinum, here's to hoping it stays that way if i play tonight  Wink
scootie
Grafter

gaming is titanium Wink
breakat
Grafter

My bad, i meant titanium... too many shinies confusing me  Roll_eyes
Acoden

Hi
Is there a thread that shows how you can get this traffic information in the first place?
scootie
Grafter

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Alternativelly use this tool which is easier to follow as long as you remember  that the 0x00 classification is upstream traffic http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/f/3741777-how-much-traffic-on-each-queue-find-out.html
Mand
Grafter

Re:Any reason why my gaming traffic gets deprioritised?

Hi,
As others have said, wireshark is the best indicator (the TBB application looks good, but is a beta remember ;)).
@breakat, we've had some network issues lately, which no doubt you're aware of, this would make the difference between Titanium and Gold more evident. Ordinarily you shouldn't notice this.