cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one played Race Pro yet

scootie
Grafter

Any one played Race Pro yet

iam picking a copy up tomoro and wondering if any one on here has givin it a test drive yet
17 REPLIES 17
Tyreal74
Grafter

Re: Any one played Race Pro yet

isnt there a demo out?
James
Grafter

I hadn't actually heard of it until you mentioned it Smiley
Tyreal74
Grafter

i bet its no burnout paradise!  Grin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If it compares favourably to GRID then I might go for it. I doubt it will though.
scootie
Grafter

started playing at miday and only just come off it Crazy
If you like your racing games then gettin a copy is a good idea.
it isnt like other racing games in the sense that online multiplayer is a new exprince ie no tradtional pre lobby.
ive bein host most of the day and you set things up how you want them then start the room and you end up driving infity amount of pratice laps waiting for people to join. Once every ones happy the host clicks nxt session and you move on to qualifier or main race depending on if you set qualifier's as an option.
qualifier's take place with just you on track for 1 lap.(typical 10 perfect partice laps and then come off every corner on qualifier lap >:()
i didnt take to this fromat straight away but have started to like this setup.
me and friend had a couple of races where some one joined but there car did 2 laps in the time it took us to do half a lap. no kidding these to cars where going faster than a fighter jet so me thinks there is a glitch in there some where.
the car pyhicics are top notch. graphics are not as polished as grid but still look gd.  grid is more an arcade racer and not a simulater like race pro so i surrpose codemasters spent more time on eye candy than real handling.
just wish m$ could make a steering wheel that didnt break as soon as the 90 day warrnty ran out Angry . but still gd fun using the joypad.
add me if you want a race round monza or brands hatch.
sorry ps3 guys this ones just for us Grin
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: Tyreal74
isnt there a demo out?

dont think so as the relese date kept getin put back all the time. there was surrpose to be one but it never got relesed
scootie
Grafter

unless you play with friends or want to host every online game you play dont get this game yet.
as if you join a room with a host you dont know, most seem to leave if you overtake them and they have no chance of winning and this ends the room and race very anoying.
lucky that most my buddys are racing fans to and had some wicked online races tonight.
very enjoyable game when played with those you know.
Tyreal74
Grafter

ill stick to Forza by the sounds Smiley
oplesrope
Grafter

i'll stick to Gran Turismo and Wipeout HD - oh, sorry guys...
scootie
Grafter

once your familar with the pre race format. it beats grid's muliplayer setup hands down.
but all depends if you want the realism or just somthing you can pick up and play and be gd at.
any one want race with a relaiable host add me or send me a message
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

yep
for me only thanks
and look at psp ..
can;t wait
scootie
Grafter

not my sort of game to be honest. i like simulators.  the reason i dumped the playstation as soon as the first xbox came out was because of the better controler for racing games. no tacky analog sticks for thottle over on the xbox.
Euge
Grafter

What do you mean by tacky analogue sticks for throttle asbo? Quite often use R2 or x button for acceleration. I find the idea of the mushrooms for acceleration a bit naff too, hard to control and painful on the fingers after a while.
Sorry to say for xbox users I can't wait for Gran Turismo to come out (Not the prologue, waste of money) it's the definitive racer  Undecided
clockley
Grafter

I was blown away by the original Gran Turismo on the PS1, and it's sequel on the PS2 (Just a Day - Feeder, they couldn't have picked a better suited track to the intro, imho), but why have Sony released a playable demo, then a sequel to the playable demo, instead of just releasing GT5?
Haven't played Race Pro, but watched the interview and preview on XBox Live arcade, and it does look like a lot of fun.