St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Any ideas on whats the best monitor ?

11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Any ideas on whats the best monitor ?

I can't help with respect to a monitor in that price range as a full IPS is almost certainly too expensive but I can definitely recommend buying from Amazon because of their no quibble return policy (other retailers won't accept a return because of a couple of stuck pixels)

Another thought - how about a 27" which is just inside your price range

St3
Aspiring Champion

Naa has to be 24 because of the desktop space ive got.

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

If you can afford one get a 1920X1200 display rather than the 1920X1080.

The extra (120 pixels 11%) screen real estate doesn't sound much but I find it makes a big difference to the usefulness of the display when looking at websites or reading text. The extra lines you get make the scrolling far less intrusive. 

Amazon have a refurbished HP A9P21AT  or a new Acer G7 G247HYLbidx  at about your price point.

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

heres a selection of 1ms response time hdmi/dvi/vga monitors http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Computer/cat/Monitors/subcat/24%22-Monitors?a02318=1&q=24%22+monitor&sor...

some of them are cheaper some are more expensive.

heres a selection of similar units from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=24%22+hdmi+monitor&fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A...

which one is best is rather subjective i'd personally be inclined to get a Samsung iiyama acer or aoc monitor but only because historically they used better grade screen panels (which probably isn't the case anymore) although if your getting something to link with a high end graphics card for gaming then it might be better to go with a g-sync /freesync monitor (depending on what gfx card you went for)

i upgraded my iiyama monitor to a freesync one and freesync made a difference to my eyes at least (but then i'm too cheap to pay out more than £200 on a gfx card) Smiley

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

St3
Aspiring Champion

Nice price 

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

@Oldjim wrote:

I can't help with respect to a monitor in that price range as a full IPS is almost certainly too expensive but I can definitely recommend buying from Amazon because of their no quibble return policy (other retailers won't accept a return because of a couple of stuck pixels)

This used to be the case, but if you buy anywhere online you have the right to return an item, as long as it has only been "inspected" in a way you could do in a shop, e.g. you can open the box, plug in a monitor. If its got a dead pixel you dont return for it being faulty - because it isnt - but return under distance selling regulation that you have changed you mind now you have seen it.

Not so clear on who pays postage back, some will pay for you others state you pay.

Id agree though Amazon is usually amongst the cheapest and their returns is certainly very hassle free!

I got this when it was about £500, seems to have gone up in price though - BenQ BL3201PT - awesome 4k monitor. games look great but will only to 60hz

ricak

I had good experience with Samsung monitors with 1000ms.

Currently I have this one and it's amazing!! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-U28E590D-28-Inch-Monitor-3840/dp/B00WUACE4S/

Cheers

St3
Aspiring Champion

is anyone using a G-Sync monitor ? 

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

given the price of g-sync monitors that's doubtful...

NVidia really screwed up their pricing for the g-sync licence as if their gfx cards weren't over priced already they had to try and milk the consumer from both sides....

freesync though is much cheaper to licence and the compatible cards are normally half the price of comparable NVidia ones /

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

yes Ste , i have a ROG swift PG278Q and can honestly say  you can hardly notice a difference

It is better but is it worth the extra cost Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .